Let Us Celebrate the Life of Parker Beam

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was lucky enough to meet Parker a few times. The first time I met him, and also his son Craig, was at the 2009 KBF, 10th Anniversary Sampler. I won the bourbon toasting contest that year, and was presented with a commemerative barrel head. The  first three pics are the Beam's signing my barrel head.

I also met Parker in passing one time at the HH distillery. A quick howdy, how ya' doing and a handshake was about it. IIRC, it was pretty busy at the Heritage Center, so I was happy that he took the time to say hello.

Parker and Craig were also at Liquor World (back when JT still owned it) one year signing bottles. Parker signed a few bottles for me. It was fairly slow at the time, so I hung out and just shot the breeze with the Beams for a while. Fun stuff. Good times with real down to earth good people. 

cb.jpeg

pb.jpeg

pb1.jpeg

pb2.jpeg

A toast to Mr Beam this evening and condolences to his family and all that had the pleasure of knowing him, RIP.

RIP Parker and condolences to his family, I never had the opportunity to meet him but did see him across the crowd at the Bourbon and Cigars event at KBF 2016.  He looked rather good at that time as I recall.  I'll be raising a glass of this years Wm. Heavenhill in his honor this evening

It's always sad when someone leaves too early.  Double sad when that person has helped produce something I (and others) quite enjoy.  I hope (and I'm very confident this has happened) his family sees the outpouring of love and support from thousands of people they have never met but, through Parker's words and deeds, have the utmost respect for Parker and honor him and his family.  

God speed, Parker.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, MeAndMyWhiskey said:

Thoughts and prayers with Parker's family. ALS is such a horrible disease to have to suffer through that it may almost salve the grief of loss to know Parker has relief from the suffering. 

My thoughts exactly.

The first bourbon that made me sit up, take notice, and realize that I had to get serious about this whiskey class was Parker's Promise Of Hope. First bourbon I ever bought 10 bottles of.

After that, whenever I could find interviews or opinions by Parker, I shut up and listened. That man knew his craft, and by all accounts, was an absolute joy to be around.

It's nice to think that for the next 20yrs we'll be buying some form of "Parker's whiskey" or another, and I look forward to all the skills and integrity he passed on to Craig.

Amazing how much of a splash gets made when a talented man gets to work his dream job for more than 50 years.

Thanks, Mr Beam!

9 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

The first bourbon that made me sit up, take notice, and realize that I had to get serious about this whiskey class was Parker's Promise Of Hope. First bourbon I ever bought 10 bottles of.

As did I. Just love the stuff. The smell that fills the room when I open a bottle.......takes me back to Uncle's basement bar in 1974 or so. It's a visceral response that's hard to shake.

So much respect for what he did. Not sure how involved Craig is at the moment, but I know that Denny Potter is also carrying the flame and he is good people.

• 2 weeks later...

So sad indeed, to lose a Titan like Parker Beam.  Like the rest of the Titans of this hobby we follow and love,he was always willing to shake a hand, pose for a pic, and talk about this spirit we share for as long as you wanted.  I think he , like the other Titans from the old days, enjoyed seeing their labors and devotion to their craft through the years of bleakness of decades of a crushed industry result in the success and adoration of their fans.  He believed in what he was doing through it all, and worked tirelessly to see the journey back from the ruins.  I hope he was comforted in the fact that he succeeded.  May he rest in peace.  

Here's a picture of myself, him, and Troyce, inside the BHC tasting room, circa 2005.  

image.jpg

Thanx for that pic, Joe.    Very nice pic of all three of y'all.     Better times, for Parker for certain!      All are properly smiling for the camera (well, maybe all but Troyce).    Great stuff!

Yeah, we've always wondered why Troyce was stepping forward with that "NO PICTURES, I HATE THE PAPARAZZI!!!"   look on his face.... :lol:   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.