Weller 12 label

Bourbonmakesmepoop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have some weller 12 with white lettering and some that have clear looking letters.

does anybody know why? I don't know what years they are but I'm pretty sure I have some 2016 bottles that have both types. 

IMG_1606.JPG

Hmmmm.     Poor quality control at the printer's?    This is unusual, in my experience; but as far as I know, not significant of any difference(s) in the distillate inside the (old style) bottles.

You won't find these bottles much longer, I imagine.     Too bad, I like these old squat bottles better; but for some reason, the fools at Sazerac ignored my opinion.

Try and double check the dates/laser codes on the bottles. There might be a difference in the labels from when they first changed over from the paper labels, to later batches. I could be wrong, (CRS disease) but for some odd reason, I seem to remember someone mentioning this before.

Joe

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

There might be a difference in the labels from when they first changed over from the paper labels, to later batches. I could be wrong, (CRS disease) but for some odd reason, I seem to remember someone mentioning this before.

I think any bottles that old would also have "embossed wheat." From the picture, neither of these bottles appears to have embossed wheat so they are likely fairly recent. 

You actually summed up the bottle changes pretty well back in 2012. 

I have 2 bottles of W12. One is 750 and other one is 1L.  The 750 says "Distilled By W. L. Weller and Sons, Frankfort, Kentucky" and has white lettering on clear stick on label. The 1L says "Distilled By Buffalo Trace Distillery, Frankfort, Kentucky" and has gold outline white lettering on clear stick on label.  The 750 has a code of B1431612:294. No numbers or letters on bottle bottom. The 1L has a code of B1431811:074 and has the number 13 on the bottom.

20170114_125712-747x1328.jpg

Edited by Clueby

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.