Four Roses 12 bottle bundle

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is a post full of caveats. Like, yes I know many people here loath it when a retailer bundles products feeling forced to spend more on products they don't want. I also clearly recognize that this is a lot of money to many people, and many of us like to focus on value here often.

All that said, for the right person this bundle could be a cool purchase, maybe even an epic gift? If any of you had been planning something nice for me I'll just clarify that I would be appreciative of such a gesture. All 10 recipes plus both of the 2016 LEs, for $1,200. Four Roses fan boi starter pack.

https://www.bountyhunterwine.com/product.asp?ic=1SFROF1612PK

image.jpg

So averaging 100 per bottle which is right for the Small Batch PE, under for Elliots Select and over on the other 10. But no running around to get all 10 recipes.

Aside from the price being outta my range, i enjoy the driving around, chatting with different stores and looking around when out of town. I don't doubt this store will sell the package though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Someone needs to tell these people that JR is no longer the Master Distiller at FR. (according to the "About Four Roses" profile shown in the link)

That's really not a bad deal at all. Of course, barrel picks in these parts are as rare as snow so i'm probably a bit more forgiving.

Edited by dcbt
typo

That's a ripoff IMO.  Other than the two LEs, there's nothing special to command such a premium.  All 10 can be had with a little time and perseverance and you can save 300 or 400 bucks, however, time is money, right?  I've always thought it'd be cool for Four Roses to offer a 10 recipe collection of mini bottles.  10 single barrels could yield thousands of these packs which would probably have a higher margin than selling the cask on its own to a customer.  

8 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

This is a post full of caveats. Like, yes I know many people here loath it when a retailer bundles products feeling forced to spend more on products they don't want. I also clearly recognize that this is a lot of money to many people, and many of us like to focus on value here often.

All that said, for the right person this bundle could be a cool purchase, maybe even an epic gift? If any of you had been planning something nice for me I'll just clarify that I would be appreciative of such a gesture. All 10 recipes plus both of the 2016 LEs, for $1,200. Four Roses fan boi starter pack.

https://www.bountyhunterwine.com/product.asp?ic=1SFROF1612PK

image.jpg

Meh

I don't think it's too bad of a price - SP's are hitting an average of $65 nowadays so you add in the LE's and your looking at $900 using the GS prices, in fact if you priced the SP's at the GS they are closer to $75 ea now so that's $1,000

You could use it to your advantage on getting a leg up on another LE at retail from the store - maybe

From a Washington State perspective, this is actually a good deal. All of our Private Selections out here $80 per bottle. By the time you add on our ridiculous sales and liquor taxes, they're about $100 out the door so 10 of them = $1,000. That means the two LE's are $200 total which is less than we would pay for both after tax. Even with the shipping charges, we'd either come out ahead or right about MSRP for our state. Doesn't mean I'm doing it though. I'm well stocked on PS's and already have an Elliot's Select. Gotta draw a line somewhere.

I just finished collecting all 10 recipes and also both 2016 LEs for retail.  The SB PS were around $65 each.  I didn't have to do too much running around...Oregon seems to have quite a good selection of the SB PS.  So for anyone in Oregon, this isn't a competitive offering. And not as much fun, to boot. :)

When I set in to read the deal I was expecting a much higher price.  As these things go, I'd rate the offer "not unreasonable".

Keep it up, you guys.  I few more posts by you all and a few more sips on this RR 10YR I'm having, and this will be just TOO good to pass up.  And, when it is delivered, I'll look at the box and the UPS guy and say, "WTF is THIS????"

OTOH - I wouldn't be disappointed even if I am surprised.

It's really not a bad deal, as they would be doing all the leg work for you.  Especially for those folks who have very limited access to the private selection barrel proofers. 

Depending on how difficult it might be for someone to collect all 10 recipes and the LE bottles this isn't an awful deal for a one shot get it all at once thing.  I wonder if this is a collection of Bounty Hunter picks or if they sourced some?  

6 minutes ago, berto said:

Depending on how difficult it might be for someone to collect all 10 recipes and the LE bottles this isn't an awful deal for a one shot get it all at once thing.  I wonder if this is a collection of Bounty Hunter picks or if they sourced some?  

I wondered the same thing...sourced or all picked/bottled for Bounty Hunter?  And what are the ages of the picks?  Might even be a better deal if some of these were 10-12 years old...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.