Trying to find new flavors

Zackb95
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've tried Jameson and love it Id like to find out more about Irish whiskey any suggestions to go buy even other than Jameson original

My wife and I enjoy Jameson Black Barrel. It's aged in ex-bourbon and sherry casks and around $35. Redbreast 12 is a pure pot still whiskey and very flavorful, but closer to $60. Both are great, IMO. 

Tons of good suggestions in this "Foreign Whisky" forum alone. Might find it useful to start with what people are drinking currently in this thread.

As for Irish whiskey my go to starter is usually Redbreast as noted above, or better yet Redbreast cask strength. For me it is much better than regular Jameson but does cost more as noted.

Welcome aboard Zack. I don't drink much Irish whiskey, but the two recommended by the previous posters are a couple I've tasted, and I have to agree. Redbreast 12, and Jameson Black Barrel are worth a shot.

By the way, you live in a nice little town there. ;)

Cheers! Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Black Bush and Bushmill's 10 are good ones, though different in style from Jameson.  Redbreast is my favourite Irish.  Also had a nice one recently, Tullamore 10 year old single malt.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.