Four Roses "Rumor"

meadeweber
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• fishnbowljoe pinned this topic

Seems to be an odd pairing.  Constellation looks like a collection of low end labels.  Kinda like Wall Mart selling Armani clothing.

I'm don't know what kind of bankroll Constellation Brands has, but after making several large acquisitions - and given the complete turnaround of Four Roses since Kirin purchased them . . . could they afford it IF Kirin was interested in selling?

7 minutes ago, meadeweber said:

Mods, thanks for fixing my post.

Sorry about the incorrect format.

You are welcome. 'Twas no big thing.

Not sure how believable it is, especially becaus the rumor originated from the guy at Bourbon Truth who gave no verification for his statement.  Fred's article didn't add anything substantive either, just musings and speculation.  Funny though how distracted the Reddit people can get because the discussion about a possible 4R sale quickly went off the rails into an argument about whether or not people should withhold public reviews of good bottles.  

• jbutler unpinned this topic
On 2/7/2017 at 7:18 PM, Darwin said:

Seems to be an odd pairing.  Constellation looks like a collection of low end labels.  Kinda like Wall Mart selling Armani clothing.

They may want a high(er) end brand.  I could see this being cheaper economically than trying to develop one on their own.  I could see it being less risky from a business point of view.

I hope Constellation doesn't mess up High West. I love some of HW rye products.

Kirin has helped Four Roses taste great again. I hope that they retain ownership and keep releasing excellent tasting (and affordable) bourbons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.