Two Caroni bottlings

Kpiz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/15/2018 at 7:04 PM, lcpfratn said:

I did not buy a bottle of the Nicaraguan, but my curiosity will probably get the better of me on that one too at some point. I think there is a reference to Volcano distillery or something like that on the bottle. There are also fewer of those remaining on the store shelf.

Flor De Cana sits at the base of a large volcano. I don't think there was much doubt about the source as FdC is about the only show in town but this only would serve to confirm for me.

• I like it 1

I went ahead and bought a bottle of the Caroni today, just because my curiosity was peaked. I had seen your posts in your tasting thread regarding the 17 year. I'll try to get around to opening the 19 year as soon as I can, but it may be next week.

I did not buy a bottle of the Nicaraguan, but my curiosity will probably get the better of me on that one too at some point. I think there is a reference to Volcano distillery or something like that on the bottle. There are also fewer of those remaining on the store shelf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very curious to hear your thoughts. I also found and bought a bottle of the 19yo recently but haven’t had a chance to open it yet.

Very curious to hear your thoughts. I also found and bought a bottle of the 19yo recently but haven’t had a chance to open it yet.

I posted my initial thoughts in the "what rum are you drinking/enjoying?" thread a few days ago.

I posted my initial thoughts in the "what rum are you drinking/enjoying?" thread a few days ago.

Dangit...thanks. I’m out of the country so not checking in to SB as often as usual. I’ll go check it out now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.