Southern Distilling Statesville NC - Opening Soon

Hop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little local news here in NC.  This will be about 20 miles up the road from me. Will be quite a while before they have anything they distilled worth tasting but they have sourced some bourbons that they will be blending/bottling so anytime you get free tastings and a chance at what could be good bottles this close to home is nice.  

Will be interesting to see the progression

Disclaimer - I am not in any way affiliated with the business but I will sample it :) 

Their Website = http://www.southerndistillingcompany.com/ 

Local News Article = http://www.statesville.com/news/southern-distilling-company-to-bring-whisky-to-statesville/article_9fcf1f12-5d7f-11e5-8a61-bbc10f74df93.html

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

I believe they have officially opened just not held their Grand Opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I was down in NC on business and stopped by here.  They've been open for 2 months, distilling for 6 months.  They should have some products in the NC ABC stores next week.  THey will have a white whiskey (wheated bourbon mashbill) along with a 5 year and 10 year MGP rye bourbon.  Got to taste all 3 but couldn't buy any yet.  White whiskey was decent some corn with a light taste to it.  The MGP's were both pretty decent reminding me of some Smooth Amblers (surprise surprise).  The 5 year is 90 proof the 10 and white are 100 proof.  

They've spared no expense on the distillery.  They have an 18 inch 30 foot continuous still with a doubler that they are using in batches of about 8.5 hours a day.  they also have a 100 gallon experimental still.  They have a 2400 gallon mash tun and 4 x 5000 gallon fermenters.  They've already put away 100-200 barrels of their own distillate and they were talking about aging 3-5 years before putting out their own bourbon.  Worth keeping an eye on over the years

Was just up there last weekend and got notification yesterday they had their first pallets of product ready to ship to the ABC warehouse in Raleigh tomorrow. That means they should be selling at the distillery in the next week to 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Has this stuff started to show up in NC state-wide yet? I checked for it in about 10 stores in Greensboro and Durham about 10 days ago and nobody had even heard of it.

It's in stores local to Statesville pretty regularly, it's available to all stores in the state as it's in the warehouse and a local ABC can order it for you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.