How much will you pay for EC12?

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Good $25 bourbon is over. Look at OWA, OGD 114, etc. 

I prefer to think of this trend as introductory offer prices.  OWA was a great deal until the price went up, and recent seasons seem to loose flavor to me.  Its still good, just not the value it once was.  I enjoy quite a few bourbon's in the $25 and lower range.  Again, some are not the value they once were, but still good stuff to pour, admire and consume. 

On 17/02/2017 at 6:43 AM, flahute said:

I'm not saying I'd pay more for the red 12, but there is reason to believe the whiskey is different. By the time the age statement was on the back, HH was using less than desirable barrels just to hold onto the age statement. The supplies weren't as stretched when the red 12 was on front.

On 18/02/2017 at 10:45 PM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I'd pay between $40 and $50. It has vanished around here.

On 18/02/2017 at 11:23 PM, smokinjoe said:

EC12 was always so woefully underpriced for such a quality bourbon with the pedigree and attributes it possessed.  What I (or anyone) might pay for one now and what price it is worthy of are two separate things, but I would say it is certainly worthy of a $50 price tag, minimally. 

On 19/02/2017 at 4:10 AM, MTNBourbon said:

Compared to other bourbons out there at $50, EC12 is definitely worth it at $50. If you can find it, that is, but I just might not pay that at this time. 

Not one that's widely available here in the UK so I've just bought 2 bottles with the big red 12 on the front for about £35 ($43-44) each to put in the cupboard. 

I guess a bottle is worth what you are prepared to pay for it, in my opinion the price I've paid is worth it as soon they'll be gone, maybe forever!

52 minutes ago, Bobafett2k6 said:

Not one that's widely available here in the UK so I've just bought 2 bottles with the big red 12 on the front for about £35 ($43-44) each to put in the cupboard. 

I guess a bottle is worth what you are prepared to pay for it, in my opinion the price I've paid is worth it as soon they'll be gone, maybe forever!

Boba Fett, it looks to me like you got a great deal.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.