Death & Co Cocktail Book: Two Thumbs Up

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been buying or borrowing cocktail books for a couple years now and like quite a few of them, but I have to say that the design, artwork, copy, thoroughness, and personality of this book places it above the rest.  My favorite feature is the pages they give to their customers, who talk about the bar and  their favorite drinks.  There are passages where it gets a tad too self-regarding, but the mission is righteous: sharing the wisdom accrued and used, daily, at one of the world's greatest bars -- and, they really don't miss a beat.  There are enough recipes here to keep you busy for years, and you can begin with the basics and work your way up to their masterpieces.   (Me, I'm starting with the basics....)  :P

FullSizeRender 25.jpg

Edited by Steve L

I have this book as well.  I think it is outstanding and would recommend it to anyone interested in cocktails.

Also a big fan of this one! Even without all the ingredients you'd need to recreate some of these recipes, it's a great read.

3 minutes ago, kjbeggs said:

Also a big fan of this one! Even without all the ingredients you'd need to recreate some of these recipes, it's a great read.

Yeah, i have a feeling it's going to put a little hurt on my pocketbook, running out to buy amaros and celery bitters and whatnot...  But I'll try to go one or two cocktails at a time and hope that in several months, I have a nice little bar running.  Wish I had brought it earlier -- I might have avoided a few "non-essential" bottles.  :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.