Evan William's Experience, Experience

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yesterday (Saturday) the wife and I did the Evan Williams Experience on Whiskey Row in Louisville.  Neat experience.  You get a bit of the history of Louisville, of Evan Williams and the bourbon industry through a multi media presentation and tour.  Part of the tour includes seeing their "boutique still".  It produces 100 barrels a day 5 days a week, compared to the main distillery which produces 1000 barrels a day 7 days a week.  The first couple of pictures are of the still and tanks.20170218_160108%201_zpsthlg1hok.jpeg

20170218_161215_zpsymrrzfcw.jpg

This picture is part of the tasting room.  Sorry there's only one, but um. . . . I was busy tasting some bourbon.  

20170218_161622_zpsfp470bqd.jpeg

We had three that we tasted.  The first was the basic Evan Williams Black.  Not bad but a little rough around the edges.  If I bought this one it would only be for mixing with Coke, etc.  The second was the Evan Williams Single Barrel.  This ended up being both mine and my wife's favorite.  Much more refined and smooth taste with a strong yet not overpowering finish.  The final tasting was the Evan Williams Red Label 12 year old 101 proof.  Although it was good I didn't really think it was worth the cost ($119.99).  Oddly enough it is only available at the gift shop there or in Japan.

At the end of the tour is of course the gift shop.  Picked up a bottle of the Evan Williams Peach (my wife wanted it) which we'll put over ice cream and probably in our french toast recipe.  Also got a bottle of the Single Barrel (2008) and since I didn't have any a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch.  Also a couple of tasting glasses.  All in all we really enjoyed our "Experience".

20170219_173454_zps54jgjaem.jpeg

Great to hear. I may need to journey up for a bottle of the red label sometime.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Red Label was good but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $120.  The fact that the wife was with me and would probably have bonked me over the head with a frying pan might have had something to do with my reticence. LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.