2016 vs 2017 Bourye

DROB
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For those who have tasted both, what would you say are the differences in taste if any? Do you prefer one or the other?

I picked up this years because of the TW coupon, last years was all gone.  Drink Hacker says this years was sweeter, I only vaguely remember last years in terms of flavor but I do recall liking it quite a bit.

I tried them side by side at the distillery, both are great, if anything the 2017 is a little more bourbon forward and smoother.

I would agree with both the above comments -- this year's is sweeter (I found it to be nougat-like) and is more bourbon forward.  I liked this year's better than last year's.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 15B11 batch and the 17ALD, first, does anybody know what the "B11" and the "ALD" mean? The 17 is sweeter with a more ethanol forward nose, more oak. EVEN with the 17 being opened almost over a week earlier. 15 has more of a honey nose after the glass has been cleared and dried, much less ethanol, a little less spicey. And lastly does anybody get a "pickle juice" taste? I only wish that these blends were aged together in a barrel for a long time and gain some complexity. Or maybe my palate is too novice to fully comprehend the taste.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.