Angels Envy Rye seal

jd1585
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi all,

I recently purchased a bottle of Angles Envy Rye and noticed there was condensation inside the bottle. The fill level is good and it still has the green tax strip so I figured no big deal.

I ran into another bottle today and this one had a plastic seal over the cap. Did the older bottles not have plastic seals? I got my bottle from a sketchy store I just stumbled into. It has me scratching my head.

JD

Newer releases (winter 2016/2017) of the rye & bourbon have plastic. I remember older bottles of bourbon and cask strength bourbon releases not having plastic as late as 2015, but never paid attention to the rye.

The plastic may be after their distribution ordeal over the summer of 2016

Does the label have any batch or date info?  Perhaps you have an older release that's leftover from prior years?

15 hours ago, 0895 said:

Newer releases (winter 2016/2017) of the rye & bourbon have plastic. I remember older bottles of bourbon and cask strength bourbon releases not having plastic as late as 2015, but never paid attention to the rye.

The plastic may be after their distribution ordeal over the summer of 2016

Does the label have any batch or date info?  Perhaps you have an older release that's leftover from prior years?

I think I have an older batch. I found it at a random liquor store, and the price was too good to pass. They only had a few and they all had condensation. I am sure the bottle I saw with the plastic was 2017. I appreciate the input. I started wondering if something was up since it was so cheap. Now that I think about it, I think they just labeled the rye with the regular AE price. 

JD

Makes sense.

As long as it tastes right, I think you're fine.

Most people have better things to do than mess around with liquor bottles....especially something like AE, which doesn't have a massive secondary market value.

On 2/26/2017 at 3:57 AM, jd1585 said:

I recently purchased a bottle of Angles Envy Rye and noticed there was condensation inside the bottle. The fill level is good and it still has the green tax strip so I figured no big deal.

Someone on here in the not too distant past (can't for the life of me remember the thread or topic) said that condensation inside a bottle was an indication of a good seal. If the seal isn't as good the air inside would dry out, as I understood it.

On February 27, 2017 at 10:50 AM, no proof said:

Someone on here in the not too distant past (can't for the life of me remember the thread or topic) said that condensation inside a bottle was an indication of a good seal. If the seal isn't as good the air inside would dry out, as I understood it.

I believe this is the thread.

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/24586-whats-causing-this/

Cheers! Joe

16 hours ago, no proof said:

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for digging that up!

2 hours ago, jd1585 said:

Wow. Good info. Thanks for sharing.

Just doin' my job. :D Glad I could help.

Cheers! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.