77 Rye and Corn

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My favorite restaurant started casting a couple bottles of 77 corn and rye. I think they had it listed as a rye. They also had Henry du yore rye. They are around $7 pours.

I had a hard time finding any info on them while searching on my phone in the restaurant.

Should I pass up their Ritt, and Angels Envy rye one night to give either a try?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

My favorite restaurant started casting a couple bottles of 77 corn and rye. I think they had it listed as a rye. They also had Henry du yore rye. They are around $7 pours.

I had a hard time finding any info on them while searching on my phone in the restaurant.

Should I pass up their Ritt, and Angels Envy rye one night to give either a try?

Your duty, as an enthusiast, is to try them all!  Otherwise, it's like studying for a final without reading the book. 

I like trying new bourbons and ryes and the price isn't outrageous, so I would give them a try.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edited by OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
Autocorrect changed ryes to eyes

Your duty, as an enthusiast, is to try them all!  Otherwise, it's like studying for a final without reading the book. 

Best answer...

14 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

My recollection supported by a brief foray into the interwebs is that it is New York sourced rye and corn distilled in Brooklyn of all places. Reportedly it is mostly rye (90%) and the rest corn. No idea about any malt or if commercial enzymes were used to. Likely (briefly) aged in small casks. There is also a wheat whiskey. I tried them both some time ago and perhaps not surprisingly was a little underwhelmed. The rye was more interesting than the wheat as I recall. But they did at least make it themselves and didn't source it if that counts for anything!

I'll give it a shot with low expectations...

• 1 month later...

Heading back to Brooklyn tomorrow for grandbaby #2's third birthday party on Saturday.  Will stop at Fletcher's BBQ on 3rd Ave. for a brisket sandwich and a pour of Breuckelen 77 Rye & Corn (for the team, of course!).  Astor and Casker's say it's 90% Rye, 10% corn - others say 85% rye, 15% corn.  May even have time to stop in at the distillery (hope, hope) for a taste or two.  Will report back on Monday, promise.   :D

Edited by GeeTen
Spelling, of course.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.