Anyone here total wine grand reserve members? Btac? Pappy?

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok yeah $2500 seems doable and it seems like from there page points don't expire to 12/31/18.

Wonder if they give you emails on other Harder to find stuff,

Elmer T. Lee, EJ barrel proof, 4RLE, Forester birthday etc.

Seems like there would be a lot more people spending $2500 than there are available bottles in certain markets like SoCal.  Binny's doesn't give a rats ass how much you spend.  Over the past couple of years it's been impossible to score anything.  

Even with the increase in bourbon popularity I think where still a relatively small group of bourbon nerds vs. beer geeks or wine aficionados or even Scotch drinkers.

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok yeah $2500 seems doable and it seems like from there page points don't expire to 12/31/18.

Wonder if they give you emails on other Harder to find stuff,

Elmer T. Lee, EJ barrel proof, 4RLE, Forester birthday etc.

No. Only Van Winkle and BTAC so far.

It's been a while since I shopped at tw, but I remember this program now. It doesn't apply in Missouri, but they still tried to get me to sign up

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If you spent more tha $25k last year as a Grand Reserve, you got an e-mail from TW Concierge Services in early December giving you the opportunity to buy all six (6) of the Pappy line - ORVW, Lot B, VWFR Rye, PVW15, PVW 20 & PVW23 at prices slightly above MSRP.  After some time, GR members that spent less than $25k, were sent e-mails that allowed them to buy 1 bottle of ORVW, Lot B or VWFRR and 1 bottle of PVW15, 20 & 23, again at MSRP+.  I musta' missed the e-mails for the BTACs, tho'.  Offers were based on specific store availability.   :huh:

On 3/14/2017 at 9:35 AM, GeeTen said:

If you spent more tha $25k last year as a Grand Reserve, you got an e-mail from TW Concierge Services in early December giving you the opportunity to buy all six (6) of the Pappy line - ORVW, Lot B, VWFR Rye, PVW15, PVW 20 & PVW23 at prices slightly above MSRP.  After some time, GR members that spent less than $25k, were sent e-mails that allowed them to buy 1 bottle of ORVW, Lot B or VWFRR and 1 bottle of PVW15, 20 & 23, again at MSRP+.  I musta' missed the e-mails for the BTACs, tho'.  Offers were based on specific store availability.   :huh:

25k o.O

I thought I was doing good averaging 3k-5k a year at my local =(

I've been told but never followed up with it in college towns the fraternities buying beer constantly have the highest "points" or "rewards" tiers typically.  One of these days I'm going to hit those up here and offer them cash to use their status.

Edited by namadio
clarity

• 3 weeks later...

For that kind of money why not just plan a trip to the drip machine? I'm sure you could also employ Willy Wonka to aid you in your drinking adventure.

On March 14, 2017 at 8:35 AM, GeeTen said:

This seems consistent with what I've heard also. I have a friend in the Dallas area that spent over $10K with TW last year and he got an e-mail from them thanking him for his business and notifying him that no BTAC or Pappy would be available to him. I guess it had been picked over by the members that spent more than him.

3 hours ago, DeepCover said:

This seems consistent with what I've heard also. I have a friend in the Dallas area that spent over $10K with TW last year and he got an e-mail from them thanking him for his business and notifying him that no BTAC or Pappy would be available to him. I guess it had been picked over by the members that spent more than him.

And now much of their coupons and even Bordeaux futures are their Winery Direct (WD) products - some good, most not.  At least they invite their Grand Reserve members to attend their classes and seminars for free.  Only catch is that I have to go to West Orange, NJ for the freebie.  Oh well, they mostly serve their Spirits Direct (SD) and WD products in the classes (pushing their higher margin products again).  Buy wisely, my friends . . . . . .  :(

It's 25,000 points at 10 points/$ so $2500 spent qualifies at highest tier.  Buddies in CA got the invite last fall and were able to reserve BTAC and/or VW.  

5 hours ago, berto said:

It's 25,000 points at 10 points/$ so $2500 spent qualifies at highest tier.  Buddies in CA got the invite last fall and were able to reserve BTAC and/or VW.  

This is correct, and is not to be confused with GeeTen's note about about those who spent $25K. Those guys got the chance to purchase one of everything. The rest of us only had a shot at one of the bottom three and one of the top three VW's, and then separately, a shot at one of the BTAC's.

10 minutes ago, flahute said:

This is correct, and is not to be confused with GeeTen's note about about those who spent $25K. Those guys got the chance to purchase one of everything. The rest of us only had a shot at one of the bottom three and one of the top three VW's, and then separately, a shot at one of the BTAC's.

Yeah, what flahute said!  And taking advantage of the TW Concierge offer also depended on your store's available allocation after the first two (2) tiers picked up their bottles.  Many folk were closed out of getting anything since some stores sold their entire delivery of Pappys and BTACs early on.   :angry:

• 6 months later...
On 4/7/2017 at 11:51 AM, DeepCover said:

Big goose egg for him in 2017 too, since there was no BTAC/Pappy allocation for the Texas stores this year.

51 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Big goose egg for him in 2017 too, since there was no BTAC/Pappy allocation for the Texas stores this year.

I find that almost impossible to believe. But time will tell I suppose.

If Total Wine Texas can't score a bottle of BTAC how the heck am I going to find one. Oh well still have fighting cock 6yr.

• I like it 1

On November 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM, The Black Tot said:

So the Spec's lobby is that strong? I'm not sure what else to attribute this to. My friend in Dallas has heard the same, so there must be something to this.

Does goose egg in 2017 mean they won't fill orders until January? I'm still wondering how this plays out.

Goose egg in 2017 means they get no 2017 Pappy or BTAC. Zero allocation. They'll have to try again next year.

Yes the Spec's lobby is that strong.

Please let me know if TW declares war on Spec's in Texas - we could all benefit from lower prices.  I'll be in College Station @ A&M officiating for the SEC Swimming Championships in February and back again for USA Swimming's Southern Zone Senior Sectionals in March.  Gotta' be some good hooch available in a college town, no?    :lol:

Edited by GeeTen

11 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Goose egg in 2017 means they get no 2017 Pappy or BTAC. Zero allocation. They'll have to try again next year.

Yes the Spec's lobby is that strong.

I don't doubt that at all.  I would suspect if another national chain moved into Northern Illinois, Binny's would wield its power/influence with the distributors and make damn sure the interloper never got any allocated stuff, especially considering how crooked the political environment is here (and booze = politics, on this scale)

Humorous story for y'all...
A buddy at work lives in Covington, KY and he went to his little honey hole for bourbon yesterday. He goes in to grab a handle of house bourbon and sees two guys out in the parking lot packing up camp chairs all bundled up. He goes in and asks the manager about it. Manager says "they heard Pappy was being released on Friday so they camped out after the store closed Thursday. I had to tell them this morning that it's being released to bars and restaurants today. Liquor stores are next Friday"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

20 minutes ago, BigRich said:

A buddy at work lives in Covington, KY and he went to his little honey hole for bourbon yesterday. He goes in to grab a handle of house bourbon and sees two guys out in the parking lot packing up camp chairs all bundled up. He goes in and asks the manager about it. Manager says "they heard Pappy was being released on Friday so they camped out after the store closed Thursday. I had to tell them this morning that it's being released to bars and restaurants today. Liquor stores are next Friday"

Heehee!!

OK, Fess up.  Which two of you goof balls was it?!?!  Come on and git yer whoopin'!  Based on past admissions here, I have a few guesses...;)

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, BigRich said:

Should have let them camp out for a day or two before telling them the bad news :lol:

57 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Should have let them camp out for a day or two before telling them the bad news :lol:

Oh my, you're wicked...And I love it!  

"Sorry boys, you're a few days early, but as long as ya don't leave you get first dibs on the good stuff...". :lol:

You could just camp out like the decades-long anti-nuke protester outside the White House and you’d be flush in LE’s B) just never leave and always be first in line

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.