Sign in to follow this  
Jkersh

Dusty Blanton's Silver?

Jkersh   
Jkersh

Stumbled upon a decent quantity of dusty blantons silver. Any knowledge in this bourbon?  Worth picking up a couple bottles? 

I can't really tell if it's "corked" or not. The labels are pretty beat. Apparently they have been shelf turds for over 10yrs in the shop. 

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

Cool find.

Feel free to ship me one and I'll tell you if it's good or not.  ;)

What country are you in (saw you posted in international)?

The Black Tot   
The Black Tot

Those look great. At the very least, you're getting Blanton's from before the boom put pressure on the stocks.

I don't think I'm seeing any silver anymore internationally. We get the gold in Europe.

98 proof beats 94!

kevinbrink   
kevinbrink

The extra proof kind of makes up for the slightly lower volume!

Limegoldconvertible68   
Limegoldconvertible68

What year was that dumped on. I can make out the 12-9 month and day but not the year. 

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon

I've just started a tasting business for those who aren't sure whether their dusty find is good or not.  Just ship it to me and once I have done a thorough, and I mean really thorough, I mean as thorough as thorough gets in depth tasting over a number of days (since weather can and does affect the taste of these dusty finds more so than new stuff) then I will ship the remaining bourbon back to you.  Let me know if you're interested.  My web site is:

www.idrinkyourbourbonforyouandtellyouwhetheritwasgoodornot.com

tanstaafl2   
tanstaafl2
2 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

What year was that dumped on. I can make out the 12-9 month and day but not the year. 

A picture in another post seems to suggest at least one of them was dumped in 2002. Perhaps they all are.

fishnbowljoe   
fishnbowljoe

Just be care careful and take your time when you open them. I've had problems with a couple of the Blanton's toppers. Very reminiscent of the older WTKS Pewter Tops. 

Joe

Hop   
Hop

I'm sure they would be fine I would buy without worry

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel   
OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
I'm sure they would be fine I would buy without worry

Me too. Great find.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jkersh   
Jkersh
6 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

jsrudd   
jsrudd

There isn't any barrel selection with Blanton's and so the different labels are just different proofs. I've had some Blanton's Silver from 2000 and though it was boring. This is also true of the mid-2000s regular Blanton's SiB I've had.

This is interesting as a curiosity, but I wouldn't buy more than one (if you're planning to drink it). I'd save my money for current releases of Blanton's Gold or SFTB instead. 

Edited by jsrudd

Jkersh   
Jkersh
On 3/21/2017 at 4:01 PM, jsrudd said:

There isn't any barrel selection with Blanton's and so the different labels are just different proofs. I've had some Blanton's Silver from 2000 and though it was boring. This is also true of the mid-2000s regular Blanton's SiB I've had.

This is interesting as a curiosity, but I wouldn't buy more than one (if you're planning to drink it). I'd save my money for current releases of Blanton's Gold or SFTB instead. 

Good to know, it seems difficult to find especially for the reasonable price. Gold and SFTB are ~$100/usd there. If anyone is interesting in picking some up in Taiwan I'm happy to share the source.