Dusty Blanton's Silver?

Jkersh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stumbled upon a decent quantity of dusty blantons silver. Any knowledge in this bourbon?  Worth picking up a couple bottles? 

I can't really tell if it's "corked" or not. The labels are pretty beat. Apparently they have been shelf turds for over 10yrs in the shop. 

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

Cool find.

Feel free to ship me one and I'll tell you if it's good or not.  ;)

What country are you in (saw you posted in international)?

Those look great. At the very least, you're getting Blanton's from before the boom put pressure on the stocks.

I don't think I'm seeing any silver anymore internationally. We get the gold in Europe.

98 proof beats 94!

What year was that dumped on. I can make out the 12-9 month and day but not the year. 

I've just started a tasting business for those who aren't sure whether their dusty find is good or not.  Just ship it to me and once I have done a thorough, and I mean really thorough, I mean as thorough as thorough gets in depth tasting over a number of days (since weather can and does affect the taste of these dusty finds more so than new stuff) then I will ship the remaining bourbon back to you.  Let me know if you're interested.  My web site is:

www.idrinkyourbourbonforyouandtellyouwhetheritwasgoodornot.com

2 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

What year was that dumped on. I can make out the 12-9 month and day but not the year. 

A picture in another post seems to suggest at least one of them was dumped in 2002. Perhaps they all are.

Just be care careful and take your time when you open them. I've had problems with a couple of the Blanton's toppers. Very reminiscent of the older WTKS Pewter Tops. 

Joe

I'm sure they would be fine I would buy without worry

Me too. Great find.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

There isn't any barrel selection with Blanton's and so the different labels are just different proofs. I've had some Blanton's Silver from 2000 and though it was boring. This is also true of the mid-2000s regular Blanton's SiB I've had.

This is interesting as a curiosity, but I wouldn't buy more than one (if you're planning to drink it). I'd save my money for current releases of Blanton's Gold or SFTB instead. 

Edited by jsrudd

On 3/21/2017 at 4:01 PM, jsrudd said:

There isn't any barrel selection with Blanton's and so the different labels are just different proofs. I've had some Blanton's Silver from 2000 and though it was boring. This is also true of the mid-2000s regular Blanton's SiB I've had.

This is interesting as a curiosity, but I wouldn't buy more than one (if you're planning to drink it). I'd save my money for current releases of Blanton's Gold or SFTB instead. 

Good to know, it seems difficult to find especially for the reasonable price. Gold and SFTB are ~$100/usd there. If anyone is interesting in picking some up in Taiwan I'm happy to share the source. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2017 at 5:40 AM, Jkersh said:

Good to know, it seems difficult to find especially for the reasonable price. Gold and SFTB are ~$100/usd there. If anyone is interesting in picking some up in Taiwan I'm happy to share the source. 

Even though this is old, I'd love to know the source.

On 3/20/2017 at 3:08 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

I've just started a tasting business for those who aren't sure whether their dusty find is good or not.  Just ship it to me and once I have done a thorough, and I mean really thorough, I mean as thorough as thorough gets in depth tasting over a number of days (since weather can and does affect the taste of these dusty finds more so than new stuff) then I will ship the remaining bourbon back to you.  Let me know if you're interested.  My web site is:

How much do you charge for this outstanding service?

5 hours ago, Flyfish said:

How much do you charge for this outstanding service?

You just have to pay the shipping both ways . . . that is if there is anything left to ship back to you. ??

On 3/20/2017 at 2:08 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

You just have to pay the shipping both ways . . . that is if there is anything left to ship back to you. ??

It appears you have way too much time on your hands every since you retired Kevin.  ;)

Biba! Joe

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It appears you have way too much time on your hands every since you retired Kevin.  ;)

Biba! Joe

Is it too much time on my hands or not enough bourbon in my cabinet?  That is the question we must ponder into the waning hours of the night. 

The existentialist approach would emphasize the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will.  Therefore in that I would be determining my own development through my act of will of having everyone send their bourbon to me to taste . . . which totally works for me. 

Whereas Taoism teaches us to embrace wonder and the joy in living gracefully with style.  Again, having everyone send my their bourbon to taste would certainly cause me to embrace living gracefully with style . . . especially the joy of drinking other peoples bourbon that I did not have to pay for.  

Finally the Buddhist approach is a tradition that focuses on personal spiritual development, striving for a deep insight into the true nature of life.  The key word here is spiritual (i.e. spirits/brown water/whiskey/bourbon) and the striving for a deep insight into the true nature of life, which we all know is the pursuit of drinking fine bourbon, preferably bourbon that others have sent to you.

Too much time on my hands Joe . . . I think not.  Not enough bourbon in my cabinet . . . most certainly. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Is it too much time on my hands or not enough bourbon in my cabinet?  That is the question we must ponder into the waning hours of the night. 

The existentialist approach would emphasize the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will.  Therefore in that I would be determining my own development through my act of will of having everyone send their bourbon to me to taste . . . which totally works for me. 

Whereas Taoism teaches us to embrace wonder and the joy in living gracefully with style.  Again, having everyone send my their bourbon to taste would certainly cause me to embrace living gracefully with style . . . especially the joy of drinking other peoples bourbon that I did not have to pay for.  

Finally the Buddhist approach is a tradition that focuses on personal spiritual development, striving for a deep insight into the true nature of life.  The key word here is spiritual (i.e. spirits/brown water/whiskey/bourbon) and the striving for a deep insight into the true nature of life, which we all know is the pursuit of drinking fine bourbon, preferably bourbon that others have sent to you.

Too much time on my hands Joe . . . I think not.  Not enough bourbon in my cabinet . . . most certainly. 

What, huh??????  ☺️

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What, huh??????  ☺️

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly, and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

Kevin? Kevin? Who are you, and what did you do with Kevin? :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What, huh??????  ☺️

I can't explain it . . . hell I don 't even understand it.

• I like it 1

• 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.