What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started out the evening with OWA (meh), then ECBP 139.8 (flavor galore, but still not there). 

Aha!!  Russell's Reserve SiB PS

(Bourbon Ball). This is definitely the one. Classic bourbon 

Had the last pour from a handle of WT101 and moved on to JBDO. On it's own, I can appreciate the DO for what it is. In comparison to the WT, though, what it is seemed weak.

I am going to need to do this again but did a sbs with OF1920 and OFBB 16. BB had a better nose but otherwise the 1920 held its own. Also had some W12 afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Tennessee Dave said:

Toogie's Invitation

IMG_5639.jpg.88b2e0b0c8619a10df69486a0e52c072.jpg

Just had Toogie sign my bottle. Such a gracious lady. 

Jack Daniels Silver Select while dinner is simmering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After our Castle & Key tour we stopped by Woodford Reserve.  Did the quickie Warehouse Tour with a tasting of WR Distiller's Select and WR DO.  Headed back to Louisville to take my daughter to dinner for her 28th birthday.  Cunningham's Creekside for great fish sandwiches and probably the best onion rings in the Ville.  Had a WR while there.  On to O'shea's to meet some friends for a drink and finished the evening with a FR Single Barrel.

I don't do this often but I only had one thing Friday night but I had quite a bit of it... surprised a great friend on his 50th birthday by showing up to his surprise (at his wife's urging) with a handle of BT and a bottle of 2015 Bookers which is his favorite.  

What I don't do often is drink to excess but between the two of us we put down 2/3 of the handle before the night was over - didn't have anything on Saturday and so far not today - but... I'm about to have a celebratory pour of PVW15 from 2012 as we just signed a contract on the sell of our house so now the hunt begins in earnest for a replacement!

4 minutes ago, Hop said:

I don't do this often but I only had one thing Friday night but I had quite a bit of it... surprised a great friend on his 50th birthday by showing up to his surprise (at his wife's urging) with a handle of BT and a bottle of 2015 Bookers which is his favorite.  

What I don't do often is drink to excess but between the two of us we put down 2/3 of the handle before the night was over - didn't have anything on Saturday and so far not today - but... I'm about to have a celebratory pour of PVW15 from 2012 as we just signed a contract on the sell of our house so now the hunt begins in earnest for a replacement!

That's an epic night of man vs. bottle B)  I'd be out of commission for a few days though.  Sounds like you pulled through OK.  

Rainy and cold weekend here in Chicago called for a pour of FRPS OESO and 1792 FP Binney's select I'm currently working on. Enjoying the 1792 heat a bit more than the OESO on this cold Sunday.

Well I finally got my first bottle of W12 (Thanks Black Tot) and tonight I opened it.  Two words, LOVED IT!  Was not disappointed at all.  Stood in front of the cabinet trying to decide what to have for my second pour and then it hit me.  Just did the Castle & Key Tour (Old Taylor Distillery) so what better way to celebrate a great weekend than with a CEHT SB BIB.

Had some Stagg Jr 130 proof and then some Ancient Ancient Age 10 year while grilling.  

Wild Turkey 13 year. Tasting spicy and delicious tonight. I've been on a Rye kick lately so a return to bourbon was in order

Finishing off the night with some CEHT SB. One of my favorites from BT.

Just watched James Bond in "SPECTRE", the 2015 movie.  Only a glass from among my best bottles matches up with suave super-spy action, and so I had a generous pour from a Loch & Key store pick of Blanton's.  A most excellent bourbon, Mr. Bond.

2 hours ago, Kalessin said:

Just watched James Bond in "SPECTRE", the 2015 movie.  Only a glass from among my best bottles matches up with suave super-spy action, and so I had a generous pour from a Loch & Key store pick of Blanton's.  A most excellent bourbon, Mr. Bond.

Not sure how much of a Bond fan you are, but this drinking/cocktail channel has a lot of drinks that were featured in the books.

18 hours ago, Golzee said:

Not sure how much of a Bond fan you are, but this drinking/cocktail channel has a lot of drinks that were featured in the books.

I'm a huge Bond fan and this is a great find, thanks for sharing.

I'm drinking WW, I'm really falling for the citus sweetness. Before this I tried the Kirkland 7years (batch: T-1796), she's a spicy one.

18 hours ago, Golzee said:

Oooo.. gotta look into these videos... :)

Drinking a pour of TWCP RRSB PS this stuff is tasty my first sip reminded me of the inside of a rickhouse in the best possible way.

Started with and ended with Blantons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Blood Oath #2 and Fitz 12 at a bar tonight. Blood Oath is a great bourbon but not a $100 a bottle situation. Fitz 12 was great as well, I would buy a case of if I could, but I've never seen it here and it seems like a unicorn online.

Had a pour of Blanton's once I got home, great as usual.

Finished up three days of yardwork in this unseasonably HOT/humid weather (only some of which I spent watching others work:rolleyes:) by letting my sore muscles keep me awake - with a heavy pour of basic BT.  That candy apple is hitting the spot, and the 90 proof is just cool enough for sips to be refreshing (or else to ignore my first sunburn of the year - whichever).B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.