What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking BT tonight.  I'm coming off a bout of the flu that completely removed my sense of smell.  It's returning slowly, so the BT tastes a little off.  Hopefully I'll be fully able to appreciate bourbon flavors again soon.

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Truly enjoying a store pick WT RRSB.

Ended up chasing that with some ORVW and a pour of ECBP, thought about having a Rye or a Rum as a change of pace but the corn dominant brown liquids are tasting good tonight.

Truly enjoying a store pick WT RRSB.

I'm also having an excellent RRSiB PS. So much flavor and a great finish.

Opened a fresh bottle of regular BT with dinner. After that, decided it was time to revisit some '08 WTKS and MAN was it good!! I will most likely be hitting this bottle once again this week.

I tried some WR double oak for the first time. Waiter brought regular wr and I thought it didn't taste much different. The check came and said plain WR, so I went up to the bartender, who knew me, and said hey, give me a splash of the double oak. She poured me a whole drink and we bs'd for 15 minutes. It was pretty good. Reminded me of the Brandy Finish I had over the weekend. Minus the brandy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

After some charter 8 year I poured a too large OWA. Tasted good, added a small cube and tasted better. Added another and now it's great.

'Twas a dusty evening at my favorite establishment across from the office. Started with Old Charter Proprieter's Reserve and boy o boy is this one special. Hadn't had it in a long time. This is a dusty old library kind of beautiful pour. Followed with Ancient Age Barrel 107 10yr. One of my favorites from that era. Finished with Old Charter 7yr old BIB.
All three of these were singing and hitting all the right notes.

I need a bar like this across from my office.

A wonderful pour from a '13 vintage 4R SB store pick. Coming home to the cult after a swing through Ireland. 

2 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

A wonderful pour from a '13 vintage 4R SB store pick. Coming home to the cult after a swing through Ireland. 

Welcome back.

I am going to the Amorphis and Swallow The Sun concert with@fifeman tonight. He was very gracious enough to let my have my first taste of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Yes!

0d42901e53970c3d49bacab924a184fb.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I just cracked open a new bottle of my Bourbon club's private selection of ECSB. A really great pour all around and especially around $30

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Tailgating, drinking some Russell's Reserve in the McDonald's brand glencairn cup.

6874f1ea82cdbf5ceb27452052440c11.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CEHT SiB, EC12, and now NC SP 12yr that's so fine it's probably superior to my opening rotation. 

Maybe it just feels right after 2 hrs in the dentist chair. :mellow:

Nice pour, but surely, tell us about some of the beverages from across the pond! Anything interesting?

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few pours of KC NAS at the hotel bar here in Greenville SC tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what moved me, but reached for the PHC10 or PHC24, not sure what we're calling it. I'm calling it tasty. It's certainly oaky, but I like it.

37 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Not sure what moved me, but reached for the PHC10 or PHC24, not sure what we're calling it. I'm calling it tasty. It's certainly oaky, but I like it.

Maybe you deserved something special today. Nice reward!

Gobble gobble 101 in an old fashioned with agave nectar.  Beats simple syrup easily imo. 

First pour from this Private Selection bottle of 10yr OESV. Wow. This is better than I remember from the pick. This is the spiciest E yeast I've ever had. There's a fair amount of barrel influence here as well (in a very, very good way). It was a short barrel - only 78 bottles - and clocks in at 125.4 proof. 

IMG_7348.JPG

^^^^The force looks strong in that one...

On topic:  I'm in the big leather chair sipping on HM BIB, and this bottle is going waaaaay too fast! 

Used 

20170305_192011_zpszzt0p1tc.jpeg

to try my first Manhattan.  I think I make a pretty good Manhattan.  After that I paired a pour of Johnny Drum with some dark chocolate covered dried cranberries.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

17 minutes ago, Paddy said:

^^^^The force looks strong in that one...

On topic:  I'm in the big leather chair sipping on HM BIB, and this bottle is going waaaaay too fast! 

I'm going to get some of this in your hands. I'm not making this up - it bears a resemblance to George T Stagg. The barrel influence here is what's bringing those same flavors.

1 minute ago, flahute said:

I'm going to get some of this in your hands. I'm not making this up - it bears a resemblance to George T Stagg. The barrel influence here is what's bringing those same flavors.

Well, twist my arm! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am procrastinating here with a couple of bottles I have for you.  I just thought I'd wait until you were getting low and they'd be a bit more appreciated, but...in reality, hell will probably freeze over first! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.