What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A local store sale was $1 over cost today. They put the real good stuff away, but there are deals to be found. I got there at 8:45 and was fourth in line. There were 20-25 people by the time the store opened at 9a. When the door opened I took a quick look behind the counter and didn't see anything good. Headed to the bourbon and rye aisle and grabbed four EHT ryes at $55 each. I like that rye but have never bought a bottle because of the $70-80 retail price.

I also saw that OF1920 was listed at $49. I grabbed two and paid. When I got outside I noticed they had charged me $59 each for the 1920. I headed back inside with my receipt and peeled the sale tag off the shelf and took it to the register. They explained that the tag was a mistake but honored it and refunded me the $22 difference. This store has a rep for being a bit inconsistent and I later found out that Mdbourbon had the same exact experience yesterday also with 1920 and they refused to honor the posted price and took the tag down. Weird that someone put it back up!

Later, I was able to score an OWA for $22 and a BT also for $22 at the local ABC. 

It it was a very good day!

Finally able to snag a bottle of Blanton's from Total Wine in HTown. Will probably open this weekend after finishing up a few bottles.

Site showed stock called around noon they had 4 bottles, just snagged the last bottle. This stuff is super popular in Houston.

Also asked about Rebel Yell 10 they said they where supposed to get some today but no dice hopefully next week.

23 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Later, I was able to score an OWA for $22 and a BT also for $22 at the local ABC. 

It it was a very good day!

How come they have great sales a couple of days after I leave the DC area?!?   :lol:

Well played, Charlutz!  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

How come they have great sales a couple of days after I leave the DC area?!?   :lol:

Well played, Charlutz!  :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time here GT! The MoCo ABC pricing has some absolute deals like the OWA at its regular (not sale) price of $22. You have to work to get a bottle and usually there's a one per customer limit. They don't last more than a day or two in the stores. The BT is always $22 and always stocked deep, so that was a convenience purchase for me as I was out. 

Bought a bottle of Benchmark to try since I never had it - not a bad bourbon - aged at least 4 years little low at 80 proof but I enjoy Old Charter 8 and 10 year old.  This reminded me of those - for $11 its worth the price

I bought another bottle of Russell's Reserve, since I just emptied one a few days ago. It is no longer at our Costco, so I had to pay a bit more. It's worth it.

23f846e5762b2d3cfbed5f45db89d860.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

e1d137257b2bf53173b7ddb48a97b8cc.jpg

Couldn't pass this one up....so it has a new home in bunker #3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Can't wait.

Very Nice!

Edited by DonutsNBourbon
quoting pictures

Guess haven't purchased it yet but still in the hunt for Rebel Yell 10 SB. Called a few places no word yet. Total Wine was expecting a shipment yesterday but nothing, hoping to get it next week.

Goody Goody said there allocation came in but went to wholesale.

All I can read and on TW's web site the RY10 SB is supposed to be released in April.  I really want to try and get a bottle of this.

IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.3bc697acbdedb1c465f1106e36bbea4e.JPGPicked up these two backups yesterday. Same LS has a $34 special on the SmB but I like the SiB so much more I coughed up the extra.

I hate tossing the scotch canisters but...

Can't wait.

I 66ee6b2b477445940222ed19506c5c42.jpg

f90c08eb8f8a2199f536e2063e572b08.jpg

f9e1a8f460e2e2f26970aed4ace6ba98.jpg

That's a great duo that you have there. Solid price on the Russell's Reserve, too. It's hard to beat an age stated 10 year bourbon at that price. I look forward to reading your thoughts on these.

I've got a bottle of ER10, OGD114 and EWSB I'm trying to finish off that are almost gone. If all goes to plan should be able to kill those off by Friday.

Virgin Bourbon 101 7YO . . . $12.99+tax for a 1 Liter . . . like the Bourbon, like the label, love the price.

I like the label. I was not wowed by Wathen's, but this is quite a bit cheaper. 102 proof also swayed me. I was looking for ECBP or Rebel Yell 10 Year, to no avail.

605d1fcb676d25f90bd1040873ee7732.jpg

1 hour ago, Swoboda said:

Virgin Bourbon 101 7YO . . . $12.99+tax for a 1 Liter . . . like the Bourbon, like the label, love the price.

If they had this in Texas, I'd buy a bottle just to keep next to the Fighting Cock, and let the jokes ensue.

SAOSSB 11 year, Buffalo Trace, 1792, and the one I'm REALLY excited about: 1792 Full Proof. Haven't tasted that one yet but couldn't pass an opportunity since I've never seen anything other than the standard 1792. I had to grab a standard to do a SxS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah Craig batch 12. Can't believe they were still on the shelf where I left em. So... I took one home.

16 hours ago, dcbt said:

If they had this in Texas, I'd buy a bottle just to keep next to the Fighting Cock, and let the jokes ensue.

Ha, Ha, Ha! My wife likes to set my Old Taylor next to a bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale... She says the two seem to go together... :D

21 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I like the label. I was not wowed by Wathen's, but this is quite a bit cheaper. 102 proof also swayed me. I was looking for ECBP or Rebel Yell 10 Year, to no avail.

605d1fcb676d25f90bd1040873ee7732.jpg

Let us know what you think of it.  

I had a bottle several years ago, and didn't love it; but didn't mind drinking it.

It was fine in a highball, and I assume would work well enough in cocktails (which I rarely bother with).  

I did like it waaaaay better than Wathens.

I am a happy man right now. They no longer have Russell's Reserve at the Lexington Costco. Well, we went to one in Louisville and they had plenty. Not only that, but it was almost two dollars cheaper than in Lexington. Yes! I bought two bottles for me (if I wasn't married, I would have bought a case) and I bought a bottle for@fifeman for driving to the Amorphis concert tonight.

e9b8b2bd57db2b115c022c03dabb2768.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.