What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

34 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Welcome GBeard. Fine opening post, in fact it sent me looking at my latest Belle Meade pick up. We're about 10 barrel #s  and a week different date apart. :)

That's interesting. Have you had a chance to give it a world? I haven't opened it up, yet. 

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Welcome! Have not had any EWSB in a long time, pretty tasty though.

Thanks for the welcome boss.

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Welcome to the board beard! I Haven't seen a 2004 in two years or so

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, the only years I really see now are 2007s.

FWIW, I've had the old gold wax and gold foil versions.

What about Blue Wax? This is the one to try...If you are ever in D.C. Hit the Jack Rose and get an ounce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our local Liquor Barn got some Maker's 46 Private Select yesterday. Stopped by today & picked up one with 4 Maker's 46 staves, 5 roasted French Mocha staves & 1 Toasted French Spice stave. Barrel proof of 110.2. My son picked up one for himself with different staves. Think we're going to try them later tonight. 20170326_155639.jpg20170326_155700.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Like@CardsAndBourbon , I got a bottle of Liquor Barn's Maker's Mark Private Select. It is barrel #6. 111.4 proof. See photo for finishing staves. I will crack this open tonight if UK advances to the Final Four.

66c89edc7b049b088e5f006ffe97090a.jpg

dcd9c899c130e640a354090685c0fc72.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They had Barrel #3, which I got, Barrel #6 & Barrel #2.1 which is the one my son picked. I chose #3 because it had the most French Mocha staves.

They had Barrel #3, which I got, Barrel #6 & Barrel #2.1 which is the one my son picked. I chose #3 because it had the most French Mocha staves.

That's cool that we got three different barrels.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple of EC12 front age stated 750 ml bottles for under $30 each.

Very nice! I haven't see on with the age in forever.

image.thumb.jpeg.f6f5bc8ec54321517f162c54c0b951e6.jpegDid some shopping around today in Champaign and Danville, IL on my way back to Indy.  Selection was poor overall in Champaign, but I did find the Jack BP 134.8 proof on sale at Meijer for $52.  Been wanting to try it for a while.  Friar Tuck's had plenty of Old Fitz BiB $33 handle.  I imagine Danville was a dusty honey hole in recent years...most of the stores are old and sketchy.  The JBB 8yr gift set was cheap enough at $19, and I grabbed the dusty GJ for my father in-law.  

40 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

8586ed914af67e6c62c0c626f6e5e2d8.jpg
Found these beauties at my local. All 10+ year OBSK/OESK Private selects.

Excellent buy.  That would make for an epic SBS.

41 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f6f5bc8ec54321517f162c54c0b951e6.jpegDid some shopping around today in Champaign and Danville, IL on my way back to Indy.  Selection was poor overall in Champaign, but I did find the Jack BP 134.8 proof on sale at Meijer for $52.  Been wanting to try it for a while.  Friar Tuck's had plenty of Old Fitz BiB $33 handle.  I imagine Danville was a dusty honey hole in recent years...most of the stores are old and sketchy.  The JBB 8yr gift set was cheap enough at $19, and I grabbed the dusty GJ for my father in-law.  

I tried Danville a few weeks ago & came up with nuthin'. The stores are real sketchy tho.

Not purchased today, but my attempt in helping the wonderful distillers in KY to stay in business.  Bourbon trail Thurs., Fri., and Sat.  Unreal experience !  Will post happenings in the Tours tab later.  Mostly things I can't get in SC.  Or will ever even see here. 

IMG_1480.JPG.jpg

2 hours ago, KrispinD said:

The cult salutes this purchase.

The OBSK's are far and few between these days so you are wise to stock up.

Not purchased today, but my attempt in helping the wonderful distillers in KY to stay in business.  Bourbon trail Thurs., Fri., and Sat.  Unreal experience !  Will post happenings in the Tours tab later.  Mostly things I can't get in SC.  Or will ever even see here. 
IMG_1480.JPG.jpg.c75e8ea29ea541d202176f00e81ecbbd.jpg

We appreciate you leaving that much money in our fair state. [emoji3]

27 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

We appreciate you leaving that much money in our fair state. emoji3.png

Oh I've left a lot more than this there !!  Born and raised  for 40 of my 51 years.  :)  Pike County boy. 

1 hour ago, t-ball said:

IMG_1480.JPG.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, how much were those EC mini bottles? 

1 hour ago, jackthedog said:

If you don't mind my asking, how much were those EC mini bottles? 

24.99 each.  Limit one each but they will allow your spouse to buy one as well.  They are mighty tasty !

3 hours ago, t-ball said:

IMG_1480.JPG.jpg

Drink that EW quickly or decant it, it doesn't do well in those crocks, that being said I thought it was a tasty pour.

19 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Drink that EW quickly or decant it, it doesn't do well in those crocks, that being said I thought it was a tasty pour.

Good info !  I was thinking about that driving home today.  Appreciate it !  Next on the list.

Well, it was yesterday, but I was otherwise occupied overnight (like, recovering from six+ hours of driving round-trip).

Had a business trip that took me up and down the US 301 corridor in Maryland (Newburg at the South end to Bowie and back).  Hit a half a dozen stores.

Olde Fitzgerald liquors in Upper Marlboro had no Old Fitz, but they did have good price on Old Forester so I bought the 1897 BIB.

Jimmies Paddock (White Plains which is North of La Plata and South of Waldorf) had a good selection of scotches - no gouging - but I'm not a scotch drinker so . . .  I did pick up a CEHT Rye (but left the tube as I didn't need it) for $5 or so under MSRP and a JPaddock barrel pick KC.

None of the places I hit had prices outside of reasonable, but I was a little  disappointed at the paucity (big word meaning "lack") of special stuff in glass cases.

All the stores did seem heavy on Beam/Suntory products, though.  Prices were good, but I didn't have an "OH, WOW" moment except for the Roy Rogers Restaurant in La Plata.  Betcha my cholesterol is sky high on Double R Bar burgers.

5 hours ago, KrispinD said:

Man is that a beautiful site and congrats on the finds!!! I'm sure you will really enjoy those and as someone already said, finding OBSK around these days is a miracle all by itself. Let alone the fact they are older barrels. The jealousy meter is at about an 8 right now!!

Man is that a beautiful site and congrats on the finds!!! I'm sure you will really enjoy those and as someone already said, finding OBSK around these days is a miracle all by itself. Let alone the fact they are older barrels. The jealousy meter is at about an 8 right now!!

I've always enjoyed the SB but this is my first time seeing PS. I went a little nuts, but still left several on the shelf (tho not without second thoughts).

What was keeping you at bay? Was it expensive?

Yes....I try not to drop more than 50 on a bottle....but have made a few exceptions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.