What bottle did you open today? Spring 2017

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To celebrate spring 2017, I open my first bottle of Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style.

Cheers!

d62cbbab3d737d2d6c79bfe8a7d438e3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Opened a newly purchased bottle of Benchmark - a pretty good bourbon and for the price it's even better

That's funny, I picked up a 1920 yesterday and forgot it was in my car.  Got home today and cracked it open.  It's even better than I remember from a store sampling.  If it was $45-50 I'd be stashing them away.  

IMG_0556.JPG

Figured it was time to get this version of the thread off the ground. Anyway, nothing special opened today, just a regular bottle of Buffalo Trace. While it might be a "standard" pour, it still does the trick and is tasty to me. Cheers to Spring everyone!

9 hours ago, elmossle said:

Figured it was time to get this version of the thread off the ground. Anyway, nothing special opened today, just a regular bottle of Buffalo Trace. While it might be a "standard" pour, it still does the trick and is tasty to me. Cheers to Spring everyone!

I second both your sentiments, elmossle!    BT is a regular pour that I enjoy very well; and, who doesn't wish to cheer the arrival of Spring?

I can't offer anything special as to what I've opened today.... Jeez it's only 8:30 in the morning on a week day! 

I did open a WTRB yesterday, however (116.8-proof).     Not necessarily better than average; but definitely didn't disappoint.

Finished off a Stagg Jr. 132.5 and opened a new 130.0. Very similar. The 132.5 had a little better nose with more of that carmelized brown sugar to it. Could be due to the freshly opened 130 having more alcohol in the nose.

Opened a bottle of 

Image result for johnny drum  last night.  Enjoyed it with some dark chocolate covered dried cranberries.

Opened Old Ezra 101 7 yr.  For a less than $20 bottle it competes favorably with anything on the market in the value vs quality category. 

IMG_0069.JPG

Came home today with a big craving for some regular old BT, but didn't have one open :o. How could that be???? There's always a BT open in the booze cabinet.

Took care of that oversight by opening a family size 2011 private selection from Andy's in Rochester, MN. Enjoying a healthy pour along with a Romeo Y Julieta 1875 on the back porch.

Life is now good again.

Edited by Vosgar

That's funny, I picked up a 1920 yesterday and forgot it was in my car.  Got home today and cracked it open.  It's even better than I remember from a store sampling.  If it was $45-50 I'd be stashing them away.  

IMG_0556.thumb.JPG.c239b07b31c9dc5c0460fcab3920f37f.JPG

Right now, several places around Lexington sell this bottle in the low $50s. This bourbon packs a punch!

2 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Right now, several places around Lexington sell this bottle in the low $50s. This bourbon packs a punch!

Its pretty much everywhere around here at $54.99. Its good stuff. Chocolate covered cherries.

32 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

$59.99 is the cheapest I've seen in Indy.  I like it a lot....just don't think it should be $10 more than FRSiB store picks and 1792 FP.

I guess I need to get some OF1920 it's $50 and almost walking distance from my place.

I have a good amount left of GTS Jr. batch 5 and can get more down the street for $45. I enjoy the BT stuff more so not sure a 120 proof OF1920. I need find a pour of OF1920 first and see whether I want a bottle.

1e7da32a24d7617c2d6c42e56df238fd.jpg
Opened this one with my brother tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

f38aa561594e84a5022e7cbff605a498.jpg

We had quite the bourbon tasting tonight! The cream of the crop was the Evan Williams 200 year anniversary bottled in 1983. It was superb!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1e7da32a24d7617c2d6c42e56df238fd.jpg
Opened this one with my brother tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lucky men. It looks like you all are enjoying that bottle!

These were opened last night with friends, but SAOS 10 year which was bottled last year on my friends birthday which is St. Patrick's Day and his first time over in a while so that had to be opened. After that we cracked open a bottle of OWA. Now the real questions is how long will they last before being talked about over in the Empty bottle support group thread??

11 hours ago, elmossle said:

Now the real questions is how long will they last before being talked about over in the Empty bottle support group thread??

Viscious circle ain't it? ;)

Cheers! Joe

Having just finished writing and printing all the Annual Reviews I have to deliver over the next two days and having received mine last week from "Da Boss" I decided to open a bottle of... (there was a long pause during the typing of this message as I hadn't decided which it was going to be at that point... :)

Rock Hill Farms!

It feels good to get at least the writing portion of the reviews behind me and now the delivering will allow a chance to celebrate as well.  

2+2 is Final 4
289dbb8a2b4635f742f60ba9f968fd9c.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.