Next 5 Bottles

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, we all walk up and down the bourbon aisle at all our local stores trying to decide what we want to taste next.  So . . . what would your next 5 bottles be (one caveat, it can't be a bottle that you currently have)?  Mine would be, in no specific order:

1) Rebel Yell 10 Year Old Single Barrel (because I like wheated bourbons alot).

2) Old Forester 1920 (because just about every body that mentions it says they like it and I don't have any OF product in my cabinet).

3) Rowan's Creek (had some of my son's and decided it was worth adding to the cabinet).

4) Makers 46 (see earlier wheated bourbon statement).

5) Bulleit Barrel Strength (heard it's the best of the Bulleit line).

I purposefully left off the stuff that even though I might like it I can't find it anywhere around here (Weller 12, ECBP, Staff, ETL) or it's so expensive and also can't be found normally (Van Winkle).  What say ye bourbonites?

What we want to buy next, or taste next? I have a lot of unopened bottles of stuff I've not tasted yet and am dying to, but I'm trying not to open any more until I clear some opened bottles out, but it hasn't seemed to slow down my purchasing!!! Since you mentioned walking the aisles, I'm going with the next ones I would purchase on the spot if I saw them on the shelf... When I'll get to taste them is up in the air!!

Any 4R SiB PS recipe I don't already have...

RY 10

The next Stagg jr. release

CEHT BP

1792 Full Proof

Rebel Yell 10 Year
Stagg Jr.
Weller 12 Year
Evan Williams Master Blend
2017 Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Hey, we all walk up and down the bourbon aisle at all our local stores trying to decide what we want to taste next.  So . . . what would your next 5 bottles be (one caveat, it can't be a bottle that you currently have)?  Mine would be, in no specific order:

1) Rebel Yell 10 Year Old Single Barrel (because I like wheated bourbons alot).

2) Old Forester 1920 (because just about every body that mentions it says they like it and I don't have any OF product in my cabinet).

3) Rowan's Creek (had some of my son's and decided it was worth adding to the cabinet).

4) Makers 46 (see earlier wheated bourbon statement).

5) Bulleit Barrel Strength (heard it's the best of the Bulleit line).

I purposefully left off the stuff that even though I might like it I can't find it anywhere around here (Weller 12, ECBP, Stagg, ETL) or it's so expensive and also can't be found normally (Van Winkle).  What say ye bourbonites?

Edited by CardsandBourbon
Misspelled Stagg.

JT, my question was what you would buy next.  I have some unopened bottles in my cabinet, but there's no way that would stop me from buying the 5 I listed.  I kept it at 5 because I'm sure we could all come up with a lot more than 5. LOL

I don't know if there's anything really.  (I guess that's pretty much bourbon zen.)  If I wanted something I don't have, I'd just go get it.  And since I haven't gone to get it, I guess I don't want it.  

24 minutes ago, dcbt said:

I don't know if there's anything really.  (I guess that's pretty much bourbon zen.)  If I wanted something I don't have, I'd just go get it.  And since I haven't gone to get it, I guess I don't want it.  

Man that's deep:huh: :D

I'll bite......
1. CEHT BP
2. JW Dant BIB
3. BT Bourbon Cream
4. 4R any special recipe
5. SAOS 11yr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, dcbt said:

24 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Man that's deep:huh: :D

And dark...

Kind of the same way at this point. Things I don't have are mostly because they aren't available to be had. If they were the odds are good I would have them. Whiskerexia Nervosa is like that!

I guess the bourbon I am looking for next is the CEHT Four Grain. When it comes out and if I can find one. at a decent price.

I'd bite on a limited (if I were to stumble into it or be offered).  Otherwise, I'm good. 

My advice to newbs would be to try 'em all, so you don't feel like you're missing anything.  Once you've done that (and reached bourbon zen), you'll be content to drink BIB's, like me.  :D

4 hours ago, dcbt said:

I was wondering about my answer when I read your post Bryce. I gotta say this pretty much sums up my feelings too. Yeah, I might be interested in a few things, but at what cost? :mellow: I have a pretty decent bunker, and I'm just not into paying an arm and a leg for stuff any more. That being said, I'm off work next week, so who knows? :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Alright I'll play.  

CEHT four grain

CEHT BP

Stagg JR

VOB BiB

RHF

I have a line in the water for the CEHT releases.  RHF is a phantom bottle around here.  The other two I keep passing on for no apparent reason.

I would like to compare the last two bottles of rare breed. I never picked up the 112. Is like to get one before it goes away...

I will probably try 1792FP at some point, but my store had been out.

Old Fitz BIB and
JTS brown BIB next KY trip

WTRB 112
WTRB 116
1792 FP
JTS Brown
OFitz BIB

Here's my five (with explanations):

Beam Bonded - I'm waiting to find it on sale.

VOB NAS BIB - I stocked up on the 6 year when I could; now down to last two.  I was mad at BT for dropping the age statement, leaving the number.  Harry said it's still more or less the same.  Maybe I'll try?

AA 10 Star - I always prefered the BT mash bill #2 to #1.  I don't know if I'll find it locally.

Virgin Bourbon - Another I may not find locally.

I'm keeping number five open; in case I come across some nice dusty or other unforeseen good fortune.  

Like some above, I pretty much have everything at this point. The ones I don't I've tried at bars so my next five purchases will be bottles I already have that I want to stock up on.

CEHT BP / SB / 4 Grain (haven't decided yet, but might end up with 2 of the 3)

Stagg Jr

Kavalan Solist ex-bourbon cask

Joseph A Magnus Cigar Blend

• I like it 1

On the "limited" spectrum I would buy these if I found them:

CEHT BP

CEHT Four Grain

2017 FRSMBLE

Next batch of Stagg Jr. (Does it count because I already have the last 2 batches)

ECBP A117 (I have batches 11 and 12)

On the more normal, everyday available I plan on getting these:

4RSMB..I realized I've never tried this, only yellow label and single barrels.

HH6BIB

VOB6BIB..actually have one of these on the way.

Pikesville (ok..not a bourbon)

ECNAS (although I may pick up a store select single barrel of this)

What i would love to score next : 

Rebel Yell 10yo

Old Forester 1920

ECBP A117

4R smb 2013 LE

Wild Turkey Decades

CEHT small batch

H.Mckenna BiB

Old Forrester 1920

Russel Reserve single barrel

Larceny which will be my next purchase in attempt to try to enjoy a wheater. 

If an ER17, W12, 4R SmB LE, or Van Winkle crossed my path at or near retail I would buy it. Below is more likely.

FWIW, I tried the OF 1920 last Sunday and it was not good for me. Alot of acetone and alcohol burn. Glad I tried it before I bought a bottle.

1. RR 10 

2. OF 100

3. Blantons

4. Pikesville Rye

5. RY10 SiB

Edited by CaliER

I'm running out of bottles in the want but don't have category. I still haven't found RY10SB so that's my number 1 most desired. I enjoyed Forged Oak and it's my wife's favorite so I hope to add one more since it's getting a second release.  I need a couple more Blade and Bow keys so I'll probably add one this year. I need 3 more Blanton's corks so that's my number 4 pick. My 5th pick would be a 4 Roses recipe I don't yet have. 

In no particular order:

ECBP - still haven't seen the latest show up in Michigan yet.

High West Campfire - close to finishing up my first bottle which I really enjoyed in the winter months as well as when it cools off at night in the summer

1792 High Rye - if it ever shows up here

Pikesville - is it worth the price for a high proof rye?

Makers - just received my golden ticket to pick up barrel with my name from when I went down for my bachelor party awhile back. Holding off until castle and key opens for tours.

2 hours ago, BDanner said:

1) Wyoming

2) JB 12yo

3) JB SiB

4)ECBP

5)WTRB (the new 116 proof)

Out of curiosity, which Wyoming Whiskey? I've seen several options of late: standard offering, single barrel, store select, double cask sherry finish (haven't seen this one in stores yet), Outryder.

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Out of curiosity, which Wyoming Whiskey? I've seen several options of late: standard offering, single barrel, store select, double cask sherry finish (haven't seen this one in stores yet), Outryder.

I live in an ABC State that just started carrying their standard 86 proof expression bourbon. My local store had bottles of Batch 36 and Batch 40. My understanding is that the higher numbers are getting progressively better. I've yet to pull the trigger. The $40 price tag is at the top range of my desired budget.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.