Next 5 Bottles

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Blanton' SFTB/Gold

1792 Sweet Wheat

CEHT Four Grain

FR 2017 SMBLE

Four Roses PS "E" Recipes

May take some time, but that is what I am looking for.

Old fitz Bib

JW Dant bib

Virgin 101

Old Ezra 7 yr 101

OK thats 4 and one of those Blantons minis as I have NEVER had Blantons!! Heresy I know and I am looking to fix it I would like to find these in 750s as Plastic bottles containing high octane booze give me the willies.

I dont  see any of these around here (12 plus stores and counting) except for Dant in plastic. Heading to KY end of April so if anyone has recommendations on where i might find these gems I could use the help as I am striking out. Indianapolis is a destination for May so if I stike out in GA, TN, KY, I am holding out hope for the Indy area.

On 3/25/2017 at 0:55 PM, JNeff33 said:

Pikesville - is it worth the price for a high proof rye?

I always wanted to try Pikesville and found it on sale one day for $35 so I picked one up. I tried it in the parking lot and went right back in and grabbed another. It is good stuff! In my mind second only to THH.

38 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

I always wanted to try Pikesville and found it on sale one day for $35 so I picked one up. I tried it in the parking lot and went right back in and grabbed another. It is good stuff! In my mind second only to THH.

Thanks. I love RH, especially for the price, so I know they put out a great rye, but was trying to justify paying double when I can still find Rittebhouse on the shelf.

7 minutes ago, JNeff33 said:

Thanks. I love RH, especially for the price, so I know they put out a great rye, but was trying to justify paying double when I can still find Rittebhouse on the shelf.

To my taste buds, if you like Ritt and would like to taste those same flavors just amped up, you'll enjoy Pikesville. I always justify the extra cost of that first bottle of something new by rationalizing that I'm paying $x for the whiskey and the rest for the first hand experience, which on occasion has been priceless!

Cheers!

Road trip from WashDC to Tarrytown NY and back coming up shortly.  My desire for a CEHT Rye got fulfilled last week, so I only have four I will look for -

-JTS Brown (not likely as it doesn't make it to the East Coast I don't think)

-OE 101 (love the mushroom/leaf smell - is very Springlike)

-any 4R SP, especially OESQ

-whatever else I see that is spotty in WashDC

but only at/near MSRP.  Been browsing websites for inventories for about a month now of stores along the I-95 corridor. 

12 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Road trip from WashDC to Tarrytown NY and back coming up shortly.  My desire for a CEHT Rye got fulfilled last week, so I only have four I will look for -

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/jts-brown#/

Road trip over the 14th St bridge. ;)

6 hours ago, JNeff33 said:

Don't let that stop you. There's more of a difference between Ritt and Pikesville than 10 proof points and a couple of years. They are not the same and to me, are not substitutes. I have both on the shelf at all times. If you haven't tried it, give yourself the chance. :)

I just counted 17 bottles, but a couple are nearing their fate...but I'm in no hurry.

1) CEHT BP or Hurricane

2) Bookers

3) HW A midwinter's night dram

4) Smooth Ambler's Conundrum

5) Pappy's (whatever Dona Fortuna graces me with)

20 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

-OE 101 (love the mushroom/leaf smell - is very Springlike)

-any 4R SP, especially OESQ

-whatever else I see that is spotty in WashDC

but only at/near MSRP.  Been browsing websites for inventories for about a month now of stores along the I-95 corridor. 

If your looking for 4R store picks Gary's Wines (multiple locations in NJ) has 4 or 5 picks available right now, though none are super close to i95, price is right though at $61.99. If you are looking for good prices on BT or KBD stuff Bottle King in NJ has really great prices typically and their stores each have searchable inventories. If you are looking for any other specific bottles shoot me a PM. I have never seen JTS brown in NY or NJ only HH BIB I ever see are Ritt, EW and JW Dant.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:17 PM, kwshannon said:

Picked between these next 5 bottles, and decided on KCSmB9.  

20170401_194804.jpg

I really like this guy.  I started the thread just to see what people were thinking about getting next.  This man takes the bull by the horns and actually goes out and gets 5 new bottles.  You have to like a man of action.

Russells Reserve 10/90 or SB

Pikesville

FRSB

OF 1920

WT 101 Rye if it ever shows up again

5 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

If your looking for 4R store picks Gary's Wines (multiple locations in NJ) has 4 or 5 picks available right now, though none are super close to i95, price is right though at $61.99. If you are looking for good prices on BT or KBD stuff Bottle King in NJ has really great prices typically and their stores each have searchable inventories. If you are looking for any other specific bottles shoot me a PM. I have never seen JTS brown in NY or NJ only HH BIB I ever see are Ritt, EW and JW Dant.

THANK YOU!  Trip up will be on a Sunday.  Trip home on a Wednesday starting around 9AM so I'll be in NJ around 10AM and will have all day (well, until about 6PM) to get home.  I've already made notes on your post. 

3 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

THANK YOU!  Trip up will be on a Sunday.  Trip home on a Wednesday starting around 9AM so I'll be in NJ around 10AM and will have all day (well, until about 6PM) to get home.  I've already made notes on your post. 

No problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.