Bourbon Humor, 1855

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some old-fashioned Kentucky bourbon humor, all explained here: http://www.beeretseq.com/whiskey-and-down-home-humour/

I thought Jim, Bruce, and all the SB gang would like it.  

The editor would have been the right sort to have at a Gazebo. I guess those guys invented gazebos anyway...

Gary

I love it. I sometimes joke that I prefer whiskey with my whiskey.

Somewhat related, Jimmy Russell told a group of us last year that he likes his bourbon on ice because it makes the ice taste better.

This is great, thanks for sharing. Now I have the perfect response the next time a friend asks me for a whiskey cocktail recipe!

Nice one Gary. Kinda reminds me of any number of drinking related quotes attributed to the late, great W.C. Fields.

IIRC, one goes something like this.

"Do you ever drink whiskey with any water in it?" 

To which Fields replied "No. Fish fornicate in it." 

Cheers! Joe

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice one Gary. Kinda reminds me of any number of drinking related quotes attributed to the late, great W.C. Fields.

IIRC, one goes something like this.

"Do you ever drink whiskey with any water in it?" 

To which Fields replied "No. Fish fornicate in it." 

Cheers! Joe

I think that gets used with just about every kind of spirit! I first heard it with gin. Then again he did allegedly drink a lot.

I don't know about this recipe, Gary....  

It sounds like it may water down the whiskey a bit too much to preserve the full flavor. 

Just my guess, not knowing how much sloshing around may have taken place with that water glass. 

Maybe.... if one is very, very careful about not sloshing the glass around ....and careful to tip straight and true, it MIGHT not be too watery.

Just sayin'......

Thanks to all, well put by each. Richnimrod hit just the right note, too. :)

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.