BOTH 4/17

FacePlant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What would be your pick for BOTM discussion for April 2017?

I'll throw out Belle Meade SiB.

I appreciate all the suggestions for the BOTM. However, I've posted a few times in the BOTM threads that I will take any and all help/suggestions, just send me a pm. So, if y'all have any suggestions in the future, please let me know by pm rather than start a thread. I can't promise I'll use anyone's suggestion, but I will promise they'll all be taken into consideration. 

A couple more things. First, don't be upset if I miss a month here and there. It's gonna happen. Second, I'll actually be heading out to a liquor store shortly to get a bottle (if it's still available :mellow:) that I've been planning to use as BOTM. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I appreciate all the suggestions for the BOTM. However, I've posted a few times in the BOTM threads that I will take any and all help/suggestions, just send me a pm. 

Second, I'll actually be heading out to a liquor store shortly to get a bottle (if it's still available :mellow:) that I've been planning to use as BOTM. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

Didn't mean to step on tradition. Reframe noted. Looking forward to your pic this month Joe.

16 hours ago, BDanner said:

Johnny Drum Private

Good stuff? Saw this at my local store for the first time. Priced at $32...

4 hours ago, Agalloch said:

Used to be pretty good.    Not sure what's been going into the bottles in the last couple years; but reports have been rather inconsistent.      If you've never tried the brand, it might be educational; but as I said, the 'previously typical' profile may not be represented by your bottle.     That doesn't mean you won't like whatever this one is, though.     And, by now, maybe whatever issues KBD had may have been resolved, though with stocks of available decently aged Bourbon being ever tighter, I have my doubts.     If you do pull the trigger, let us know what you think of it.

20 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

something attainable by most of us....

So I guess Old Ezra 15 Year 101 Proof distilled in 1966 and bottled in 1981 is out of the question then? ;)

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

. . .  I'll actually be heading out to a liquor store shortly to get a bottle (if it's still available :mellow:) that I've been planning to use as BOTM. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

I sure hope it's a bourbon.  I get funny looks when I ask for anything else - "Uh, your wife see a recipe in the paper and wants to try it?"

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

So I guess Old Ezra 15 Year 101 Proof distilled in 1966 and bottled in 1981 is out of the question then? ;)

If Joe picks this will your wife finally allow you to open your bottle and let you tell us about it?  ;)

21 hours ago, Agalloch said:

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a traditional tasting bourbon. At least not this years release. I wonder if they are starting to blend some of their own distillate into what they were sourcing. They've been back up and running for almost 5 years now. 

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

If Joe picks this will your wife finally allow you to open your bottle and let you tell us about it?  ;)

We can only hope.  

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

We can only hope.  

That answer doesn't give us much hope...

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That answer doesn't give us much hope...

Put it this way . . . I ain't holding my breath.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.