Buffalo Trace Uncovers Old Fermenting Vats

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This came from WKYT, a TV station is Lexington.  Thought it was very interesting.  There was also a story about it in the Courier-Journal newspaper this morning.  Pretty neat.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Rennovations-at-Buffalo-Trace-uncover-rare-find-403436876.html

The CJ article goes on to state that they plan to renovate one of the fermenters and use them for a limited run of bourbon.

Edited by jbutler
Removed copyrighted text, replaced with link to original.

THX for the link, Don.  I, too, remembered I'd seen this before.

THX, CnB.  This is more info than I saw the first time.   I'm glad they updated it.  I am a sucker for websites that allow me to wander, virtually, through archeological digs.

That really is cool stuff.  As a kid, when I wasn't dreaming of pitching in the majors :D, I wanted to be an archaeologist.  I still am fascinated by old ruins, buildings, houses, etc, and the events that happened there over the years.  I like to wonder what it was like when new, who walked there, what were the lives like of the people who were there, and what events were notable.

Thanks for the update, CnB.

That really is cool stuff.  As a kid, when I wasn't dreaming of pitching in the majors [emoji3], I wanted to be an archaeologist.  I still am fascinated by old ruins, buildings, houses, etc, and the events that happened there over the years.  I like to wonder what it was like when new, who walked there, what were the lives like of the people who were there, and what events were notable.
Thanks for the update, CnB.

I was the same. I blame Indiana Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.