You know it's bad when...

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

...you even have trouble throwing the BOXES out!

IMG_0625.JPG

This has been sitting around for a long time.  And I still think about buying a regular bottle of WT 101 and sticking it in there.

Mike

Edited by scratchline

It's really bad when your grandmother who only drinks Vodka and Budweiser can't throw the boxes away. Emptying out her attic we found 6 or 7 Beam decanters in boxes. Empty, sadly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have kept all my corks. It sure what I will do, maybe some cool art project with them one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, scratchline said:

...you even have trouble throwing the BOXES out!

This has been sitting around for a long time.  And I still think about buying a regular bottle of WT 101 and sticking it in there.

Mike

You should do that. Set it aside for a few months until you forget about it. Then you can have the great pleasure of tasting some WT101 8YO.

I saved every bottle I finished for the first 2 years of the hobby. My friends didn't actually believe I drank what I bought, just put it on a shelf and look at it :-)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So it's weird that I kept my CEHT SB tube that it came in?  Oh well, I'll just revel in my weirdness.:wacko::blink:

29 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Yes sir.  But can I keep my little Blanton's bag?

Sure - the bag is perfect for keeping all your horsey tops safe!   :D

6 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Sure - the bag is perfect for keeping all your horsey tops safe!   :D

A glencairn also fits in them quite nicely. Great protection and rattle reducer when traveling. ;)

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A glencairn also fits in them quite nicely. Great protection and rattle reducer when traveling. ;)

Cheers! Joe

I keep my fly fishing reels in my Dad's crown royal bags. My son will keep his in Blanton bag's.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:28 PM, mfly86 said:

I have kept all my corks. It sure what I will do, maybe some cool art project with them one day.

Me too. I keep them in a large Glass container. Keep it sitting on my desk. My wife saves all her wine corks in a large glass fish. That almost qualifies as an art project, right?

Me too. I keep them in a large Glass container. Keep it sitting on my desk. My wife saves all her wine corks in a large glass fish. That almost qualifies as an art project, right?

I have seen some pretty cool picture frames made of wine corks but they are a little more consistent in size.

You know its bad when...

I've seen on other threads, guys making bourbon purchases instead of firearms purchases... :o

2 hours ago, JTaylor said:

You know its bad when...

I've seen on other threads, guys making bourbon purchases instead of firearms purchases... :o

Indicates very poor budgeting skills.    Neglecting either to purchase the other is a mistake in priorities.      One must always make allowances to include BOTH in every weekly budget.    Just MHO.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Indicates very poor budgeting skills.    Neglecting either to purchase the other is a mistake in priorities.      One must always make allowances to include BOTH in every weekly budget.    Just MHO.

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Weather is finally nice - time to clean guns and check ammo supplies for upcoming competitions.  But fine bourbon is reserved for after the firearms return to the gunsafe.   B)

47 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Weather is finally nice - time to clean guns and check ammo supplies for upcoming competitions.  But fine bourbon is reserved for after the firearms return to the gunsafe.   B)

Good point... that does tend to limit the number of "YEE HAW!!!" moments... 

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Ooooooh, Absolutely This!    Never before or during!     Always, only after.  

Remember the wise advice of ...somebody... maybe it was me?...   Never drink while shooting; the recoil may cause you to spill some.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

So it's weird that I kept my CEHT SB tube that it came in?  Oh well, I'll just revel in my weirdness.:wacko::blink:

I save all the EHT & Willett tubes as well.  I actually use them to hide good stuff from the light and wondering eyes when we have people over.  They are also great for transporting bottles (that fit) back and forth to parties!

Edited by 0895

12 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Ooooooh, Absolutely This!    Never before or during!     Always, only after.  

Remember the wise advice of ...somebody... maybe it was me?...   Never drink while shooting; the recoil may cause you to spill some.

One scenario you should always avoid!  :lol:

Heading to the range today, coming home - then out to Whiskey Wednesday tonite, in that order.  I love Spring . . . . . . . .  :)

Edited by GeeTen
usual spelling and grammar issues

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.