Anyone in Seattle?

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm heading there for business in 2 weeks. Any thoughts, etc? I'm guessing there's nothing special there in terms of stores compared to MO.

Nothing special here, except for over 20% tax rate, more like 30%, on liquor.  Totalwine and Bevmo are the big boys.  Most grocery stores have locked liquor aisles.  But, you can score some local whiskey that isn't available elsewhere.

I unfortunately don't have any input but if was me I'd also be interested in any good recommendations for bars/restaurants with good bourbon selections.

Looking at the Total Wine inventory it looks like the prices are really high before tax.

Yes, sorry. I don't figure I will be buying any bottles. I am on an expense account though. Staying in Tukwila. I'm looking for bar/restaurant recommendations

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Yes, sorry. I don't figure I will be buying any bottles. I am on an expense account though. Staying in Tukwila. I'm looking for bar/restaurant recommendations

Nobody in Seattle goes to Tukwila! Just kidding. Seriously though, that's the opposite side of the city from where I live so I don't know anything down there.

I can tell you where to get Rebel Yell 10yr, but it's nowhere near where you are staying.

Nobody in Seattle goes to Tukwila! Just kidding. Seriously though, that's the opposite side of the city from where I live so I don't know anything down there.
I can tell you where to get Rebel Yell 10yr, but it's nowhere near where you are staying.

Didn't you pick up a bottle a couple weeks ago. Pricing stinks in Seattle but if a limited release like this stays on the shelf that's a plus.

20 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Didn't you pick up a bottle a couple weeks ago. Pricing stinks in Seattle but if a limited release like this stays on the shelf that's a plus.

Yes, and then again this past weekend. 

Our pricing (msrp) isn't bad on a number of items. It's the tax that's a killer. 

You'll need to head closer into town to find a place with a real legit selection I believe. I'm not aware of anything that far south. 

17 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

You'll need to head closer into town to find a place with a real legit selection I believe. I'm not aware of anything that far south. 

This is correct.

Love Seattle. I didn't go bourbon hunting last time I was there but I did spend some time in and around Capitol Hill for drinks. 

16 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Are you looking for a cocktail place, a whiskey in general place or a bourbon bar in particular.

Haven't been to Seattle for many years so no personal experience to draw on. Canon is the place that I always here about but it is pretty pricey. Good cocktails and a good, if pricey, whiskey list.

I have also been told about Zig Zag Café and Barnacles (next to the Walrus and the Carpenter restaurant) as cocktail places. This could be pretty dated info by now though. Things seem to change fast in the bar business!

I don't know what you're looking for, but if you're willing to drive 3 hours to Portland, you might find some things you're looking for. Oregon is a control state, with no sales tax.

Here's the OLCC's website, so you can check selections, stores, and prices: http://www.oregonliquorsearch.com/

Dean

I live in Oregon, but when I visit the Seattle/Tacoma area, I pick up bottles of the Woodinville Whiskey Company's micro-barreled 100% Rye.  OR stores don't carry it, I like it a lot, and it comes in with tax at about $46 a bottle.  Seattle's Westland Distillery's whiskies also tend to be less expensive in WA than they are in OR, though I haven't bought or tried any yet.

Its a 25 minute drive if your not in rush hour, The Flat Iron Grill in Issaquah has an incredible Bourbon selection and reasonably priced food.  Being someone who grew up here, I appreciate the selection, if I really want to try a hard to find bottle and am willing to pay, they usually have it. 

Tukwila is not a real hot spot for dining.  A spot that is a little "Historical" is 13 Coins.  Its in SeaTac, but depending on where in Tukwila your staying it might be closer than Seattle spots.  They have been around since the 60's and still have that décor, high back red leather booths.  I have always enjoyed the food there. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.