MMCSSiB6

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

lol, I was interested until I saw the 375ML for $150.  They have to be kidding hahaha.

Not being a fan of the non SB MMCS, I wouldn't be a buyer at any price but this is Michter's level gouging. 

So the article says the barrels were filled March 31st, 2011.  No word on when dumped, that means the Bill Samuel bottle will be roughly 6 years old.  The second bottle are supposedly from the first barrels Rob filled.  So again, assuming around 6 years.

That's a hell of a price for 6 year old bourbon.  They're definitely betting on the "special edition/gift shop" crowd on this one.  Per the article, at least their giving you one of both at that price (trying to be positive).  Hopefully some of them won't be dipped at the gift shop, for that kind of price hopefully you at least get to add your own wax.

The fact that they make a point about it being the last three barrels by Sr. and first three by Jr. means this is pure collector hype (with the attendant price) and not intended to be a serious price for someone who intends to drink the whiskey. If you want to drink it get a regular bottle of MMCS at the already somewhat inflated price it goes for!

I am, for now, willing to pay the premium for MM46 PS at up to $70 or so for the time being as those seem fairly interesting still with the different stave combinations.

For me personally at somewhere north of $50-$55 for a regular 750 of MMCS I can likely find plenty of whiskey I prefer. For $150 (and up in Flipper World) for this "special collector's edition" I can only laugh and move on.

^^^^^ I agree, this is for the collectors who buy all the frost, triple dipped,  and holiday special bottles they have. I hope they sale everyone they have. I'll spend the money on some bourbon, but not this one. 

Edited by LCWoody

Well I have to say, I've never seen anyone else offer an all blue bottle...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not into this at all.  I would like to see more  LEs come out in 375s though to stretch the  allocation to more customers 

While I agree that $150 for 2-375s single barrel maybe 6yr old bourbon is pricey, I like the fact that Maker's Mark continues to bring different iterations to the bourbon buying public. And who would have thunk it that a single barrel was in the pipeline? 

hard to get worked up much around a release that I have no interest or access to

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.