Rebel Yell 10 Year Single Barrell

Rounderegg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've now seen this in two local stores that aren't known to price gauge and they have it at $70.  Wasn't MSRP $45-50 last year?  Has anyone tried the new release and is it that much better than last years or are they just capitalizing on last year's success?

2 minutes ago, Rounderegg said:

I've now seen this in two local stores that aren't known to price gauge and they have it at $70.  Wasn't MSRP $45-50 last year?  Has anyone tried the new release and is it that much better than last years or are they just capitalizing on last year's success?

I got 2 bottles at $55 each last year.  I'm sure that they are capitalizing on the success.  However, it is pretty limited where I live, so that's not outlandish.

1 minute ago, briankeith513 said:

I got 2 bottles at $55 each last year.  I'm sure that they are capitalizing on the success.  However, it is pretty limited where I live, so that's not outlandish.

I didn't try last years. Assuming since you got 2, it was worth the cost?

Just now, Rounderegg said:

I didn't try last years. Assuming since you got 2, it was worth the cost?

Yes it was.  I'm hoping for another bottle or 2 this year, if I can find it.

In MI the state price is going up $20 with the next book.  Of course, it will suddenly be back in stock then.

I've located it at two different stores near me, and the price was $77.99 at both stores. Neither one is a large store, so their prices aren't always the cheapest, but they don't price gouge and they use a consistent markup. I finally succumbed and bought a bottle at the new price to compare it with last year's bottle that I paid $50 for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here in price-controlled Oregon, we don't have any on the shelves yet but the price sheet for the month indicates that it went up $10 from $49.95 to $59.95.  So I'm guessing that means a retail increase from last year's release of $10. 

Seems like it's legit then. Appreciate the feedback. Would love to know your guys opinions when you try it. 

The guy at the store told me last year they got 6 bottles and this year they got like 4-6 cases.  Production and price increases?

I just grabbed 2 bottles, and opened one.  Just as delicious as last year's.  Unfortunately, it sold out in one day though.

This was good juice last release at $40-$45. Per Rebel Yell's press release announcing the second batch, they did up their MSRP to around $60 if I remember correctly. To me, it's not worth that. I'll stick to the $30 HMcK Single Barrel 10year as long as it's an option.

Edited by BDanner

Still have heard of only one bottle in our fair city.  It drives me crazy that I can't even get a whiff of a bottle.

3 hours ago, BDanner said:

This was good juice last release at $40-$45. Per Rebel Yell's press release announcing the second batch, they did up their MSRP to around $60 if I remember correctly. To me, it's not worth that. I'll stick to the $30 HMcK Single Barrel 10year as long as it's an option.

I paid $49 last year, and $49 for this year's batch

27 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Still have heard of only one bottle in our fair city.  It drives me crazy that I can't even get a whiff of a bottle.

What's wrong with this picture with you being right smack dab in the middle of the bourbon production universe? :D

Wow! I don't understand that. The price was $49 in my area last year, but jumped to over $75 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, DCFan said:

What's wrong with this picture with you being right smack dab in the middle of the bourbon production universe? :D

Preach it DCFan.  I'm thinking the same thing.  I guess they just want those of us who live in bourbon nirvana to suffer every once in a while.

16 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Preach it DCFan.  I'm thinking the same thing.  I guess they just want those of us who live in bourbon nirvana to suffer every once in a while.

Think how Harry and I must feel. Here we're living in the most important city in the world and we have to scrounge for the likes of $25 bourbons such as Wellers. They should be sending the best stuff here, just so we can keep things running smoothly for the rest of the common folk across the fruited plain. :D

In Michigan the minimum price went from $49.99 to $69.99.  A store can legally charge more but not less.

Think how Harry and I must feel. Here we're living in the most important city in the world and we have to scrounge for the likes of $25 bourbons such as Wellers. They should be sending the best stuff here, just so we can keep things running smoothly for the rest of the common folk across the fruited plain. [emoji3]

No, no that's good need to keep the legislators dry. Those degens barely get any work done as it is.

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well if you find yourself up around the outer east side of Louisville,  hit Total Wine.  Picked mine up there a week ago, another walked our the door in front of me, and there were a couple on the shelf yesterday....

Didn't see any at a couple LB's I perused on the way back.

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

Well if you find yourself up around the outer east side of Louisville,  hit Total Wine.  Picked mine up there a week ago, another walked our the door in front of me, and there were a couple on the shelf yesterday....

Thanks for the heads up.  My LB hasn't seen the first bottle.  Maybe I can get to the Ville this weekend and grab one if they still have any left.

20 hours ago, briankeith513 said:

Are you sure that it was this years batch? If so, You did good...Per Rebel Yells press release, the suggested retail for this years batch is $60. That is what NC will put theirs at.

Just now, BDanner said:

Are you sure that it was this years batch? If so, You did good...Per Rebel Yells press release, the suggested retail for this years batch is $60. That is what NC will put theirs at.

I'm sure.   Yeah I saw what the release said, and the pricing that I got it for was probably in error.

On 5/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, PowderKeg said:

Thanks again PowderKeg.  I got online and ordered a bottle.  Picking it up on Saturday.  

I picked up a couple of bottles at the end of April.  I opened one last week and thought it was a good bourbon, but not a great bourbon.  I guess I expected more from it since I had been looking for it for several months.  I plan on sampling it again this weekend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.