Nashville trip suggestions

jd1585
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello all,

I am heading down to Nashville for a conference next week. I have some down time. Any suggestions on places that would have bourbon hard to find up North? 

I appreciate any suggestions,

Jason

Just stop in every town in KY while on your way to Tenn.  All they have is that Tennessee Whiskey.  They don't know squat about bourbon.

You could stop at the belle meade distillery. Great people, the barrel proof bourbon is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Merchant's downtown had a pretty nice selection at the bar. Food was decent too.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Barleycorns and Frugal Macdoogals are good sized stores with good selections. 

Though I've only been to his location in Charleston, Sean Brock has a "Husk" restaurant in Nashville.  Food is very good, and bourbon selection at bar should be stellar if on par with Charleston one.  Not cheap, however.

If you have some free time, I can't recommend enough a trip to the Dickel distillery.  It's about 80 miles South, but worth the trip.  Beautiful little place tucked away.  Particularly enlightening visit when you compare it's tiny size to the larger more well known distilleries.  

Just stop in every town in KY while on your way to Tenn.  All they have is that Tennessee Whiskey.  They don't know squat about bourbon.

Not exactly true, but what can you expect from a guy living in the heart of bourbon country where you can't really find any of the good stuff. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prichard's Distillery actually has a mini distillery and gift shop in the northern outskirts of Nashville on the grounds of the Fontanel Mansion (Barbara Mandrell's former home). You can spend a whole day at that complex if want or you can just go to the Prichard's gift shop and distillery and sample all of their stuff...literally all of their products if you want. [emoji106]

I just got back from Nashville. I bought Sazerac Rye and Old Charter at this liquor store. They had a surprisingly good bourbon selection.
b94c35517d46c335407e8391361efcaa.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't know about liquor stores, but the bar at Moto had a decent selection. Not great. Their Brussel sprouts were excellent!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

As far as glasses of bourbon, stay far away from Broadway. I had to pay about $10 a pour ( and they are skimpy pours) for Wild Turkey on Broadway (Layla's did have Buffalo Trace if you are stuck on Broadway. I got a pitcher of Old Forester Sour at Whisky Kitchen. I got Blanton's for about $10 for a healthy pour at Tenn 16 (in East Nashville).

Here is the over priced bourbon list from Whisky Kitchen (but at least they have more options than the Broadway dives and their food was stellar).
16bd0bdfb243447a7f593ad5ea7b4cea.jpg

I love Russell's Reserve, so I was pleased with Whisky Kitchen's whisky of the week.

fb131ae72ac5dca060de9156e16b3519.jpg

By far not all bourbon, but the Corsair distillery has an awesome selection of different whiskeys in the tasting room. It is located only two blocks down the street from Nelson Briar (Belle Meade). Their finishing barrel bouron are quite good. Picked up the cognac-finished last trip.

I love Russell's Reserve, so I was pleased with Whisky Kitchen's whisky of the week.

fb131ae72ac5dca060de9156e16b3519.jpg

That is pretty high...

That is pretty high...

It is outrageously high. I didn't buy any, but I was pleased to see Russell's Reserve getting some love. I bought a pitcher of Old Forester Whisky Sour there. I prefer my bourbon neat, but their prices were too high for me and the pitcher was less than $6 a drink.

Here is the over priced bourbon list from Whisky Kitchen (but at least they have more options than the Broadway dives and their food was stellar).
16bd0bdfb243447a7f593ad5ea7b4cea.jpg

Somebody who doesn't know bourbon very well must have laid out that bourbon menu and pricing. There are quite a few items of lesser quality and actual cost priced higher per drink than bourbons that I think are better and cost more to buy in a liquor store, but maybe they got a large purchase deal. For example, I know I would choose EC, BT or EWSB over many things priced higher per glass. There are a few typos as well, such as EW1782 instead of EW1783.

Somebody who doesn't know bourbon very well must have laid out that bourbon menu and pricing. There are quite a few items of lesser quality and actual cost priced higher per drink than bourbons that I think are better and cost more to buy in a liquor store, but maybe they got a large purchase deal. For example, I know I would choose EC, BT or EWSB over many things priced higher per glass. There are a few typos as well, such as EW1782 instead of EW1783.

It also has Jefferson's 8 year and Ridgemont Reserve and other brands that likely are not on their shelf. They probably have regular 1792. I'm sure their Jefferson's is not age stated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.