SAOS cask strength

jd1585
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I recently got a bottle of SAOS cask strength and loved it so much I went back for a second bottle. Of course they were out at the store and won't be getting anymore. I made a trip to another store and they had SAOS but not labeled as cask strength for the same price. Funny thing is my cask strength bottle was 55 and non cask strength was 50. The weird thing is the bottle were the same price. At $60 do you think the 50 was a store pick that lost its sticker or is all SAOS 50. Sorry if this was a stupid question. It's the first bottle I have ever had.

Scratch that. I figured it out. My original bottle was a single barrel and the other bottle is a small batch. I wonder at 100 vs 110 proof if I would taste that much of a difference if I don't add water.

26 minutes ago, jd1585 said:

Scratch that. I figured it out. My original bottle was a single barrel and the other bottle is a small batch. I wonder at 100 vs 110 proof if I would taste that much of a difference if I don't add water.

I believe all the SAOS 10 year small batch is 100 proof.  The Single Barrel obviously varies

The single barrels can vary by mashbill too. Unfortunately it's not mentioned on the label, so you usually need to contact Smooth Ambler to find out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.