Abraham Bowman Sequential Series Bourbon

JoeTerp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 minutes ago, OldScoutGuy said:

Friday? Or Saturday?

It's Saturday at 10 am.

Edited by JoeTerp

Read about this yesterday and I am intrigued.  Supposedly other states are supposed to get bottles later this summer.

I'd imagine distribution will be pretty limited.  It sounded like this was only four barrels.  Even bottled at 375's that can't be too many bottles (and I'm pretty sure distribution is heavily weighted towards Virginia).

OK got a couple bottles of this.  The second use bottle tastes like an extra aged John J.  Nice sweetness, some apple and cherry comes in with the vanilla.  A little more rich than the regular, very good stuff so far.  The 4th use (which also housed the port finished Abraham) tastes different than regular John J.  It has some vanilla but is more spicy and peppery, maybe a hint of plum in there.  Both have a pretty good mouthfeel and finish.  After a first few tastes these are pretty well done.

6 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

OK got a couple bottles of this.  The second use bottle tastes like an extra aged John J.  Nice sweetness, some apple and cherry comes in with the vanilla.  A little more rich than the regular, very good stuff so far.  The 4th use (which also housed the port finished Abraham) tastes different than regular John J.  It has some vanilla but is more spicy and peppery, maybe a hint of plum in there.  Both have a pretty good mouthfeel and finish.  After a first few tastes these are pretty well done.

Thanks for the notes VA.  I waited in line and picked up these on Saturday.  I haven't opened them up yet, but was kind of hoping the 2nd Use was like an older John J.  I'd imagine the barrels for the 4th Use still have some of the port influence left.

8 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

OK got a couple bottles of this . . .

Thanks for the notes, especially the comparisons to things I can usually get.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.