Sign in to follow this  
fishnbowljoe

BOTM 6/17: 1792 Full Proof

kcgumbohead   
kcgumbohead

I love the 1792FP. My only exposure to it is the barrel selection GBS did awhile back but when when I had the first taste from that barrel I thought it was absolutely outstanding, the resulting bottling did nothing to diminish that impression. I also have a local FP I got several months back that will be opened at some point but the GBS selection will forever be my yardstick for FP. I recall liking most of the barrels from that day (there were 5) so the FP line seems to have a good supply of tasty inventory, I don't expect to be disappointed with that local store bottle however the GBS pick is really something special to my taste, its one of my all time favorite pours regardless of age/proof/brand/price...It goes to 11.

gburger   
gburger

I'm on my second bottle of this.  Sometimes you just want to take a drink of something that has more punch to it than lower proof bottles.  There are many other barrel strength offerings out there that are better, but this does hold it's own and I like the fact that 1792 is putting out different selections.  Their wheat version is very tasty.

Vosgar   
Vosgar

Finally got around to opening my bottle and after the first pour, well, to be polite, it's going to take quite a while to finish this one. It just doesn't work for me. I've never been a big fan of regular 1792 and was really hoping this would change my opinion of the brand.

mbroo5880i   
mbroo5880i
6 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Finally got around to opening my bottle and after the first pour, well, to be polite, it's going to take quite a while to finish this one. It just doesn't work for me. I've never been a big fan of regular 1792 and was really hoping this would change my opinion of the brand.

I am with you Vosgar,  I have never been a fan of regular 1792. However,  I did find a private selection single barrel at 98.6 proof that I really like. I have purchased several bottles.  I have always wondered if the difference in my enjoyment is the slightly higher proof or the barrel selection. 

ondarocks   
ondarocks
On 5/30/2017 at 11:53 PM, HoustonNit said:

The weird taste I find in VOB that I really don't enjoy. Reminds me of bad blended Canadian Whiskey. That's just me though.

VOB tastes like under aged ethanol rotgut to me. The iterations of 1792 are pleasing to my palate and good values especially the SB PS I picked up at my local liquor store for $25.

Mule Skinner   
Mule Skinner

I'm late to the party as usual, but I'll add my thoughts anyway.  What I picked up was a 1792 FP Store Select, and enjoyed it enough to go back and get another.  Really hit all the right spots for me.  My favorite thing about it, is the long finish I get from it.  

NDN98   
NDN98

Big fan of Full Proof....especially good store picks.

IMG_6450.JPG

Bourbinvestor   
Bourbinvestor

Picked up a Spec's store pick recently and am looking forward to cracking it open.