Four Roses "Poison Girl" Single Barrel info

pbuchana05
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have any good information on any watering holes around the country that still have this bottle available for pours?  I have always found this 19 year old private selection single barrel to be very interesting but have yet to see it available anywhere besides the secondary market which makes the price totally unjustifiable. Thanks in advance to any and all that can provide information!

bottle.jpg

Edited by pbuchana05
spelling error

I'm having a hard time reading that label, especially from my phone. To confirm, is this the 2013 OESV? 

The selection that I am referencing is an OESF that was bottled in 2014, aged an incredible 19 years 4 months!

1 hour ago, pbuchana05 said:

Does anyone have any good information on any watering holes around the country that still have this bottle available for pours?  

bottle.jpg

I would guess Poison Girl may still have it available for pour.  The proprietor Scott is a member here, so maybe he'll chime in.  

This is by far the oldest private selection single barrel from four roses that I have seen. I am just hoping to experience this bourbon before it is gone forever as most of the store picks in today's market are under 11 years old. 

Scott at PG is "Scottbutt" here on SB.  PM him and see if he has it on the bar.  If so, grab a flight to Houston!  :D

I haven't been to poison girl in years. Looks like I'll need to get out there. Been a while since I've been out for a drink as well.

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Scott at PG is "Scottbutt" here on SB.  PM him and see if he has it on the bar.  If so, grab a flight to Houston!  :D

I think because of my new member status, I am unable to private message "Scottbutt" from poison girl to ask him directly in regards to this specific bottle. Any chance you can help me out on this front?  Please educate me if I am able to private message him myself, but I am just not seeing that as an option when I look around the site. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, pbuchana05 said:

I think because of my new member status, I am unable to private message "Scottbutt" from poison girl to ask him directly in regards to this specific bottle. Any chance you can help me out on this front?  Please educate me if I am able to private message him myself, but I am just not seeing that as an option when I look around the site. Thanks!

You need a minimum number of posts before messaging someone - might be 10, might be 20, I don't remember.

Yeah, I forgot about that.  Sorry.  I'll reach out to him.

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Yeah, I forgot about that.  Sorry.  I'll reach out to him.

Thanks so much. I will try and up my # of posts over the next couple of days to reach the limit to where I can start private messaging other members directly, but your help on this one is really appreciated!

1 hour ago, pbuchana05 said:

Thanks so much. I will try and up my # of posts over the next couple of days to reach the limit to where I can start private messaging other members directly, but your help on this one is really appreciated!

It's 10 posts so you're only one away

3 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

It's 10 posts so you're only one away

Thanks for making this one get me to the limit :)

4 hours ago, pbuchana05 said:

Thanks for making this one get me to the limit :)

No problem

Did you hear anything back Scott? I heard about a pick of EC they recently did and sent him a PM about new ones which he responded to. Very nice of him.

Was able to get an EC pick Poison Girl did. Unfortunately he didn't reveal a secret handshake to give at the liquor store to get a bottle of the 19yr 4R. I highly doubt they still have any at the bar unless he decides to pull out a new bottle he had stashed or they are charging BTAC pricing and justifiably so.

4af9e6e6645b5e9ef98045031a7ad54e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok on my way to Poison Girl to see if they still have a bottle.

Edit you might have a drinking problem if you hang outside bars waiting for them to open.

Well no 19yr Poison Girl bottle. It apparently was quite good and long gone. Also sorry to break the bad news it was a 10yr bottle not 19, guess it was hard to read the label.

Did get an excellent pour of OESV 10yr 124.4 proof and B515 139.8 ECBP.

550a95f8db909938f1e2e183fd76edc3.jpg

Hey guys. I'm the bar manager over at poison girl. Our first FR private barrel selection is looong gone. It was a 10yr 4mth OESF 117 proof.  The font that was used made the 10 look a little weird. If you guys ever have any questions feel free to message me any time. We have several more solid barrel selections coming down the line this year and next. So be on the look out.  

IMG_0070.JPG

Bryan thanks for posting I had some excellent pours yesterday. It's been years since I've been in there need to get out there more. It's bit harder these days as I no longer live down the street.

I also need to pick up any bottles you guys end up selecting, had the Elijah Craig 10yr you guys just did. I think I heard you have a Russel Reserve coming very soon, will need to get one.

Apologize for the lack of response on this one. I did get a response back from Scott at Poison Girl and he clarified himself that it was not a 19 year old bottling. As mentioned above, the script used made it hard to decipher that the 19 was actually a 10!  None the less, I have heard nothing but great things about Poison Girl private barrel selections and if I am ever in the area I will most definitely be ponying up to their bar!

Edited by pbuchana05
Typo

• 1 month later...

I can definitely vouch for Poison Girl’s private barrels. If they have any of the wheated Willett left…you’ll want to try that one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.