Reasonably priced source for Blanton's Gold?

KrispinD
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1be888067de1921477ec03df501cda95.jpeg

I found an online retailer that sells BG for $70 with a $40 shipping charge added on. Not outrageous, but wondering if anyone has found it cheaper. Any help sourcing a few bottles in the $65-80 range would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

You can get a group together that's interested in the Blanton's duty free bottles and drop the shipping charges quite a bit. I did that recently with a few SBers and other friends.

Other than that, you can happen upon a bottle in a duty free shop like my friend did last week.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You can get a group together that's interested in the Blanton's duty free bottles and drop the shipping charges quite a bit. I did that recently with a few SBers and other friends.

Other than that, you can happen upon a bottle in a duty free shop like my friend did last week.

image.thumb.jpeg.d3f3cac2b8801f7759e71141e7a35eab.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.457e44805785da1bf4b14c0e9d9321be.jpeg

Cool! Where can you order duty free bottles from?

You have to spread the shipping across multiple bottles to make the international orders worthwhile.  The cheapest I found Blanton's Gold is $225 shipped for 3 bottles.  PM me if you want details.

1be888067de1921477ec03df501cda95.jpeg

I found an online retailer that sells BG for $70 with a $40 shipping charge added on. Not outrageous, but wondering if anyone has found it cheaper. Any help sourcing a few bottles in the $65-80 range would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

What was the online source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you look at master of malt? I bought a couple bottles from them last December, one was Blanton's Gold. With shipping the Blanton's gold was $91. A bit over the duty free price, but better than waiting for travel as I don't have flights planned any time soon. Even with the travel it's not a guarantee a store will have it on the shelf.

Master of malt quoted me $91 to ship three bottles of scotch.  Two of the three said bottles were priced $40-$50 lower than other euro sites.  I didn't mess around with other products to confirm the shipping rates, but it seemed like they were gouging  s/h to make up for the low prices.

1 hour ago, Nm0369 said:

Master of malt quoted me $91 to ship three bottles of scotch.  Two of the three said bottles were priced $40-$50 lower than other euro sites.  I didn't mess around with other products to confirm the shipping rates, but it seemed like they were gouging  s/h to make up for the low prices.

Their shipping and handling used to be less. Some rules recently changed (or something to that effect) and all of the UK sellers that ship to the US had to up their s/h charges to account for customs and duty processing.

9 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Even numbers of bottles always ship cheaper with them vs. odd numbers.  I've done the math many times, in many different ways. 

Best bang for the buck is 2qty. 700-750ml  bottles and 4 samples.  All fits in their standard box and arrives via FedEx in 5 days or less (usually 3) for me.

On June 17, 2017 at 7:03 PM, KrispinD said:

Cool! Where can you order duty free bottles from?

The bottles we're discussing are duty free: Gold, Special Reserve, SFTB and a few other rarities like Silver, PBD, PBN, etc.

Master of Malt has been my go-to, but there are others.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.