What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Summer started today so I thought I would start our new WBAYE thread.  I'm going downstairs to enjoy something and then I'll come back and let you know what it was . . . On second thought I've decided that it's going to be CEHT Small Batch.

Followed the CEHT Small Batch with some OGD 114 while my son tried my WT Rare Breed.

I've had a pour of batted 1/3 OGD114 2/3 BT. Pretty good. Then I moved to WT101. Both were a nice way to welcome summer '17. 

Orphan Barrel Barterhouse, I finished my last bottle off about a year ago and was just able to find another on a trip to Chicago. Absolutely love this flavor profile.

Willett 3yo rye....

Had this bottle a while (or is it awhile? Grammar Nazis running around :ph34r:) now, and finally got around to opening it.

I've never had a rye where I tasted the grain so strongly. Not so coincidentally, I've never had a rye this young either. 

I feel like this one will be very good once it takes on some barrel influence later on in life.

Side Note... I'm glad that they let us try this young distillate at barrel proof.

Hey guys, first post after lurking for a few years.  Finally decided to join the conversation.  Started with a Knob Creek store pick, now sipping a dram of Blanton's while puffing on a stogie on the porch.

Cheers....

Drinking Henry McKenna 10 after having an Old Weller Antique.  Both are good for the $ in my opinion.

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Hey guys, first post after lurking for a few years.  Finally decided to join the conversation.  Started with a Knob Creek store pick, now sipping a dram of Blanton's while puffing on a stogie on the porch.

Cheers....

Welcome to the center of the bourbon universe. 

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Cheers....

Welcome.  I recently joined myself after lurking for quite some time.

Edited by NDN98

6 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

Willett 3yo rye....

Had this bottle a while (or is it awhile? Grammar Nazis running around :ph34r:) now, and finally got around to opening it.

I've never had a rye where I tasted the grain so strongly. Not so coincidentally, I've never had a rye this young either. 

I feel like this one will be very good once it takes on some barrel influence later on in life.

While we're at it, your post belongs in the rye thread....   ;)

Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby 143. My first time Father's Day gift from my mom!!

The bottle's a bit lower than that now....:)

Resized_20170617_190031.thumb.jpeg.31518cb7485583113acee5b6a6e1b4b6.jpeg

Trying the ECBP A117 again, it's been a while since I last had this batch and wasn't impressed let's see how it goes this time

A little Weller 12 year. Cheers BBN!
5069e2887bc8354c8ac1473b7804627f.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Trying the ECBP A117 again, it's been a while since I last had this batch and wasn't impressed let's see how it goes this time

I've been drinking this the past couple nights and loving this bottle. Interesting.

A little Weller 12 year. Cheers BBN!
5069e2887bc8354c8ac1473b7804627f.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hey what's the story behind the signed bottle of BS WSR on the right? I remember you complaining about no OWA but you have W12?

The last of the best bottle of BT OWA I've had in many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be Weller night!  Like Rich, I am enjoying a great pour of OWA 107 tonight while watching the NBA draft.  Similarly, I am finding this bottle to be one of the best I have had in several years.  I believe I bought it in late 2015 or early 2016.  The only difference is that I just opened the bottle. :D

Well I'm still not impressed by this batch. The only one of the dozen so far so it's not too much of an issue. I added some Old Limestone mixing water and made it through the pour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.