What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Interesting as chocolate was never something I saw mentioned with regard to W12, it never presented in the bottles I had except for the very last one and that was a couple years ago ( I have since given up even thinking about it). That bottle did have a wonderful chocolate note and it was far and away the best W12 I ever had, I miss that bottle.

This bottle is a new label bottle.

Having some HM 10y and some 1792 FP SP, this barrel was NCF and what a difference it makes. I'm not a big fan of the 1792 line but this barrel is very good. 

Having some ETL while eating a fancy burger at a restaurant. It's been a while since I've had it and I forgot how much I like it. I sure do miss paying $27/bottle for this.

A couple weeks ago I decided to revisit WTKS. I've always liked it but had decided a while ago that it wasn't worth the premium price with RRSiB and WTRB readily available.

While I'm still not sure it's worth the premium, I sure am glad I have the bottle. Given that it's a single barrel (store pick in this case) there is of course single barrel variation in play. This one is fantastic.

Over the past year or so I've really developed a shine for the Turkey products. I've always liked them in the past, but in the last year I've been finding myself drawn to them more and more. This development in tandem with my reliable and dedicated membership in the cult leads me to believe that there must be something in the water of Lawrenceburg, KY.

Also enjoying some Baker's this evening. It always satisfies.

This was the first LE I ever bought, maybe three years ago. In the beginning, I saved it because it felt special. I didn't forget about it, but it's been out of the way in a cabinet with doors and the other shiny bottle objects always cut ahead of the EC18 in line. I'm not saving it anymore. This is a good bourbon for me. 

IMG_3196.JPG

I'm fighting a cold, so, I mixed up a Hot Toddy with 1792.  I'm hoping it does the trick and I wake up back to normal.

22 hours ago, flahute said:

A couple weeks ago I decided to revisit WTKS. I've always liked it but had decided a while ago that it wasn't worth the premium price with RRSiB and WTRB readily available.

While I'm still not sure it's worth the premium, I sure am glad I have the bottle. Given that it's a single barrel (store pick in this case) there is of course single barrel variation in play. This one is fantastic.

I hear you and had a similar opinion about Kentucky Spirit, ... until I got my hands on a good private selection.  It opened my eyes a bit.

Opened my newly acquired JD SB BP. It is indeed very similar to the non-BP SBs I had before, with a typical JD banana profile. This is exactly how I expected it to be, and I'm liking it a lot. But it is extremely hot atm at 131.7 proof, I can tell it's going to get better over time.

Lee,  ... Elmer T. Lee.

This reminds me my neighbor across the street's name is Elmer Lee. Need to find out if he likes bourbon and if his middle name starts with T.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Great label, why did they change it! Good stuff.

Will.

I agree on both.

WT is always enjoyable. These older bottles are a treat to drink. I have to admit, I am always a little jealous (maybe a lot ;-) )

when you post a WT12 picture. 

IMHO, WT needs a new marketing person. The history of WT is so rich, they should embrace this with the packaging of their products. 

But what do I know, I am just a country boy from Oklahoma. 

11 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I agree on both.

WT is always enjoyable. These older bottles are a treat to drink. I have to admit, I am always a little jealous (maybe a lot ;-) )

when you post a WT12 picture. 

IMHO, WT needs a new marketing person. The history of WT is so rich, they should embrace this with the packaging of their products. 

But what do I know, I am just a country boy from Oklahoma. 

I couldn't agree more with you about the marketing, i'm sure they're gonna fire the guy at one point. Like you said, WT has history, it needs to feel old, not cool or whatever. 

I get jealous too when i see some post about stuff that's i can't here in Europe ;-)) 

Great label, why did they change it! Good stuff.

Will.

I think Campari wanted to get rid of the Austin Nicols reference and the new packaging appears cheaper.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.