What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been back up in Whistler the past few days, but this time for fun. Once again, I brought my own, this time some RR10yr and ER10.

Finished off the Russell's (wasn't much left) but did not make much of a dent in the ER10 because a friend I was visiting with was making Sazeracs with Crown Royal Black. (You do what you gotta do in Canada where American Rye is in short supply). They were good!

"I think I paid about $35 incl shipping to get this bottle from Europe. It's an outstanding example of what the Turkey can produce.  I love it."

2 hours ago, birdie said:

Where did you get, if I might ask, I was in the UK last week and this was a $100 plus bottle.

2 hours ago, Charlutz said:

I got it on a site that no longer has it unfortunately. 

Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Finally opened up my Elliot's select and HOLY $#!%

Had the same feeling what I've tasted it, lucky you, i only have a sample. Enjoy! 

Cheers!

Will

Untitled #9 Batch #1, 6- yr. old, 86 proof, from One Eight Distilling in Washington, D.C. Have tried the #3 and another number I don't recall, but they've all been good. This one won a gold at the 2017 San Francisco Spirits Competition. At least we know one good thing comes out of Washington. :-)

Edited by BourbonDude

I've had my future Missess pour blind twice for me tonight.  First was ER10.  It's always a fine pour, but I prefer a number of others in the same price range.  Second was SJR.  The more I have from this bottle, the more I like it. 

Enjoying a little W12 this evening. I haven't had any in a while, since I'm trying to conserve my supply until this fall when I will hopefully find a few bottles of replacements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Special day, special drinks. I had, in this order:

Elijah Craig Small Batch, Elijah Craig 12, Wild Turkey 12, Stagg Jr., George T. Stagg, Blanton's Straight from the Barrel. Now, it's time to sleep....;-)

I'm having a couple of pours of my version of the SB blend, Weller SR and a ps OWA. Is it Friday yet? :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

2 hours ago, OldDrinker1978 said:

Elijah Craig Small Batch, Elijah Craig 12, Wild Turkey 12, Stagg Jr., George T. Stagg, Blanton's Straight from the Barrel. Now, it's time to sleep....;-)

Wow!  Congratulations on whatever you were celebrating!  :)

Got to say for $10 bucks and some change this is good!
IMG_4937.thumb.JPG.87592886389c9d2b05a5b1f50794b520.JPG

This stuff is great, just wish it was 90+. Try it two parts Stagg Jr, one part OC8yr. Great blend.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

This stuff is great, just wish it was 90+. Try it two parts Stagg Jr, one part OC8yr. Great blend.

First time I have tried it. I could get in trouble with this stuff. It goes down so easy. lol

Why can't this be my regular Tuesday.

Poured myself some RHF since it seems to be the new "it bourbon".

...yep, still very enjoyable - and still nothing to freak out about or overpay for.

In saner times to come I hold hope that I encounter a store pick of this.

42 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Poured myself some RHF since it seems to be the new "it bourbon".

...yep, still very enjoyable - and still nothing to freak out about or overpay for.

In saner times to come I hold hope that I encounter a store pick of this.

Son and I popped the cork on our first bottle of RHF.  Like you we found it very enjoyable.  I'm becoming quite enamored with BT Mash Bill #2.

Like you said, WT has history, it needs to feel old, not cool or whatever. 

Maybe I'm just a nerd but I think Old/history is cool. I'm probably not the only as a lot of the craft guys try to come up with some old history BS.

Those pisans at Campari need to get there stuff together.

IMG_1726.thumb.JPG.27964c170984dca039941633b06ed74a.JPG

Having a pour of a similar age 1L WT101. Am I crazy or do the bottles from 10 years back seem to have more spice, as if they had more rye in the mash.

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Having a pour of a similar age 1L WT101. Am I crazy or do the bottles from 10 years back seem to have more spice, as if they had more rye in the mash.

I think the actual reason is the probable lower entry proof back then.

I think the actual reason is the probable lower entry proof back then.

No you're right that's the only thing that changed. I guess maybe slightly older as well, but from I recall I don't thing they've changed much from there 6 years or so for standard 101 in the past 15-20 years.

Finally getting to this bottle, the jury is still out, I like the color, and the nose, but some burn in the finish. Still for me, a 5 out of 6.

Old Forester 1897 (Bottled In Bond) (100 Proof) 

SAlJdwX.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.