What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let's hear what you passed on.  For those who are grammatically challenged it's "Lets here what you past on." :D

Passed on OWA at $29 and ECBPB517 batch at $54.99 - I'm stocked on both so I left them for someone else

Passed on 1.75 of Old Fitz BiB at $35. I'm running out of space and already have a few 750's in the bunker.

I just passed on Stagg Jr in the wild. At $90 a bottle, I had to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1792 225th for $69 from Blackjack bourbon pimps, same kooks pricing RY10 at $150 and Barterhouse at $200.

ran into a KC 25th anniversary for $150... just not for me at that price.

$150 for the Jefferson's? Geez!f19e94ba95f358ce6aa54181c7de45a6.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When I picked up my bottle of ETL and a bottle of KC SiB PS (13+ y.o.) I passed on a bottle of KC 25th Anniversary at $199.99 :o

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Finished up work early today, so I headed home on a route that normally takes me by a few of my favorite liquor stores.  Got to the turnoff to the first stop . . . and kept driving.  Just not feeling the urge these days.  So I guess I passed up everything.

Passed on Orphan Barrel Forged Oak for $80 and Bartehouse for $100, but having second thoughts about going back to pick up one or the other or both assuming they are still there. I also passed on KCSB 25th Anniversary at multiple locations for $150...I'm not having second thoughts about going back for one of those. 

On 6/26/2017 at 11:33 AM, garbanzobean said:

Finished up work early today, so I headed home on a route that normally takes me by a few of my favorite liquor stores.  Got to the turnoff to the first stop . . . and kept driving.  Just not feeling the urge these days.  So I guess I passed up everything.

Zen.

16 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Passed on Orphan Barrel Forged Oak for $80 and Bartehouse for $100, but having second thoughts about going back to pick up one or the other or both assuming they are still there. I also passed on KCSB 25th Anniversary at multiple locations for $150...I'm not having second thoughts about going back for one of those. 

I passed on a FO for $100 today. Easy pass at that. I typically see FO for $65 and BH for $75. Personally don't think I'd go above that. Passed on a Blood Oath Pact 3 for $76 and the new Jefferson's finished-in-something-fancy for $140. Saw a couple different proof 10yo SAOS SB and lots of 1792 SB and FP today too.

Rebel Yell Single Barrel 10 Year at $129! Same store had it for $49 6 months ago! Great for $49 - not so great for $129

4 hours ago, starhopper said:

Rebel Yell Single Barrel 10 Year at $129! Same store had it for $49 6 months ago! Great for $49 - not so great for $129

Wow, that is a definite pass at $129.

2 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Wow, that is a definite pass at $129.

I passed on a bottle of RY10 yesterday for $50. Once bitten, twice shy.

Passed on a good amount of Rebel Yell 10. Along with Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 23 at $120, Forged Oak I thought at $99.99 but now I'm thinking $59.99.

30ded615c03a617340a138d38b1ed08a.jpg

Today I passed on an Elmer T. Lee $69 and a WSR at $49. Did grab a CEHT Barrel Proof at MSRP though, so a good day in the end.

Barrell 7b for $69.99 and Yellowstone 2016 LE for $75.00, good prices (at least around here) for both but I have 5 different Barrell's already and I can't quite recall what the Yellowstone tasted like when I had it in their tasting room last November but I remember liking the regular release better. I'm sure in a moment of weakness I might bite on either.

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Passed on a good amount of Rebel Yell 10. Along with Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 23 at $120, Forged Oak I thought at $99.99 but now I'm thinking $59.99.

30ded615c03a617340a138d38b1ed08a.jpg

That is a REALLY good price on the RY10. I would be tempted to get at least 3 or 4 bottles at that price. I've heard this years single barrels are just as good, if not better, than last years. No matter which year those are, that is a steal.

That is a REALLY good price on the RY10. I would be tempted to get at least 3 or 4 bottles at that price. I've heard this years single barrels are just as good, if not better, than last years. No matter which year those are, that is a steal.

As someone who just finished their first bottle of the 2017 release, I will agree that this stuff is good. At that price, id buy it all and ask for more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

I passed on a bottle of RY10 yesterday for $50. Once bitten, twice shy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the RY10 I puchased 6 months ago - would gladly have bought more for $50 ea!

As someone who just finished their first bottle of the 2017 release, I will agree that this stuff is good. At that price, id buy it all and ask for more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I might have to pick another, I also really enjoy this, I have 3.5 bottles at home. In addition an SBer has a nearly full bottle he's going to give me at a very favorable price plus I'm sitting on about 5.5 bottles worth of W12, guess you can never have too much good wheaters.

14 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

$20 OGD 114 is probably the best you'll ever see

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.