What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

$999 for the Old Rip squat bottle is pretty outrageous.  There's no way that's new old stock so they must be selling it on consignment or from someone's personal stash which doesn't seem legal.  

That bottle has been sitting there for as long as I can remember....at least the last 3 or 4 years.

Lower down in that case they also have a red 12 EC12 for $99 and an EC12 with the age statement on the back for $89.

Passed on this years Birthday Bourbon. The reviews Ive come across were not great, so I can do better with that $100.

28 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Passed on this years Birthday Bourbon. The reviews Ive come across were not great, so I can do better with that $100.

I also passed on the OF Birthday Bourbon.

Is it that much of a premium (~$42) for something that's no longer available?

They have no idea that the age stated stuff should have a premium. That's just the normal price for bourbon. I don't think the BT was priced much less.
If I find it I'll try it. For me I really like to get my hands on some 10+ yr BF.

On September 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Clueby said:

Stopped in a store today that I got an email about Ardbeg Uiggedail 50ml bottles on sale for $1.99 ea. That would have made it less than half the cost of buying a 750ml bottle. Alas, they were all gone. Clerk said they were first to go and someone walked in and bought them all. But got a couple Glenlivet 15s and Founder's Reserves in 50ml size to try. 

While there I got to pass on all these wonderful priced bargains.

Other sb'rs always think us St. Louis folks are silly for being jealous about seeing the OWA purchases for msrp. That's because we are faced with this. This isn't some small corner shop. It's a fairly large store with 4 stores around the area.   I keep saying I'm not going to shop there anymore but I keep ending up there. 

20170921_180417-756x1008.jpg

20170921_180407-756x1008.jpg

20170921_180411-756x1008.jpg

Not a bad price for the ORVW10.

Hard to see it but passed on a WT Master's Keep for $97.00. Everywhere else I've seen it has ben $135+. Is Master's Keep worth $97?

20170922_172537.jpg

Edited by Bourbinvestor

Come on guys, get with the program.  It's now fall so this should be posted in the Fall 2017 section.  Ya'll must have been drinking too much bourbon or something.:P

35 minutes ago, Bourbinvestor said:

Hard to see it but passed on a WT Master's Keep for $97.00. Everywhere else I've seen it has ben $135+. Is Master's Keep worth $97?

20170922_172537.jpg

I think its worth the 150 retail!   its fantastic! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.