What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have one from the gift shop, signed by Jimmy.  They are out there.

IMG_1822_2.thumb.jpg.71a41c27198a6c3fa3f2f4fa7f270490.jpg

I picked one up yesterday, but it was quite a bit more expensive. $16 is a steal

Liquor Barn's in KY had some releases yesterday (Saturday).  They had W12, CEHT SmB, GTS Jr., Micheter's Barrel Proof, KC 25th Anniversary, 4R Al Young 50th Anniversary, Jefferson's Reserve Suduiraut Barrel & Woodford Reserve Distillery Series Rye.  You were limited to one bottle (you could exit the store and get back in line (waste of time).  Was there for the Stagg Jr. I was so far back in the line that I was worried that it would all be gone.  Almost everyone leaving the store in front of me had a bottle of W12 in their hands.  Was talking to one of the managers before I got inside and he said the 4R was the first to go.  When I finally got inside I was able to pick up a bottle of:

Stag-Jr..jpg

(Not my picture I found it online.)

13 hours ago, TheBrownHound said:

Think I did ok. Stopped at B&B in Kingsport on way back to VA from Asheville.  Had 4 of these on the list. 1 impulse buy on thomas' recommendation. 

IMG_5052.JPG

Very nice indeed!

Thanks to a buddy for picking this up for me.

Tried the samples when the store was picking and this one really spoke to me.

12yr/10months for $40.

Can't beat that! 

IMAG2141.jpg

7 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Thanks to a buddy for picking this up for me.

Tried the samples when the store was picking and this one really spoke to me.

12yr/10months for $40.

Can't beat that! 

IMAG2141.jpg

That is a really good barrel. So un-kc but so good.

As promised, a pic of my goodies from our trip to DC, Virginia, and Kentucky...

WP_20170625_011.jpg

2 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

WP_20170625_011.jpg

Nice Haul!!

That is a really good barrel. So un-kc but so good.

They originally wanted to give me the generic KCSB. I said no, there is a special one in back. She brought out one from the 'W' barrel, and said the only difference is this little metal plaque.

She couldn't understand what the difference was. I asked pretty please if she would go back and see if there was another box with a bunch of bottles with an 'L' instead of the 'W'.

She was very surprised that I was right. She was never rude in any way, just not informed about their store picks.

3 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

WP_20170625_011.jpg

Glad you made it home in one piece. Nice pickups there. Where'd you get the ETL?

51 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

They originally wanted to give me the generic KCSB. I said no, there is a special one in back. She brought out one from the 'W' barrel, and said the only difference is this little metal plaque.

She couldn't understand what the difference was. I asked pretty please if she would go back and see if there was another box with a bunch of bottles with an 'L' instead of the 'W'.

She was very surprised that I was right. She was never rude in any way, just not informed about their store picks.

I was on the "list" for pre order. They checked my name off as I picked it up. I guess now you can go in and ask for it? 

Picked those babies up in Elizabeth, NJ on my way to Atlantic City. Originally got two KCs, but one didn't survive the trip. 

El.jpg

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Glad you made it home in one piece. Nice pickups there. Where'd you get the ETL?

Picked it up at a liquor store in what looked like a fairly new shopping development in the Largo MD area off I495 @ 202. Struck up a conversation with the owner about my favorite bourbons and availability in Missouri and then ended up talking about my favorite liquor store in my hometown and relationships with owners and customers... After a while he asked if I wanted to look through his allocated selections in his office. He had some really good stuff and I ended up passing on some prime items (including a member of the BTAC )... Ended up taking home the ETL for a fair price. Actually going to pass it along to a buddy who asked me to grab him a couple good bottles while I was traveling. I have a couple ETL bunkered so I'm happy to share my good fortune.

7 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

WP_20170625_011.jpg

Nice haul.  Just curious.  Did you get to stop at any of the places in Louisville?

12 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nice haul.  Just curious.  Did you get to stop at any of the places in Louisville?

Yep, sure did. On the advice of several on the forum here I stopped at Westport Whiskey & Wine. Fantastic selection and great service! That's where I picked up the Old Fitz BiB, the Old Ezra 101 7yo, and the Smooth Ambler Stillhouse Collection.

Just now, MOwhisky4me said:

Yep, sure did. On the advice of several on the forum here I stopped at Westport Whiskey & Wine. Fantastic selection and great service! That's where I picked up the Old Fitz BiB, the Old Ezra 101 7yo, and the Smooth Ambler Stillhouse Collection.

Awesome!  A nice store.  I am not familiar with SA Stillhouse Collection.  I was wondering what that bottle was.

24 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Awesome!  A nice store.  I am not familiar with SA Stillhouse Collection.  I was wondering what that bottle was.

This is the first time I've run across it too. But from what I've read it's a release of their own distillate. This one is Recipe #2. It's and only aged 3 years, so it remains to be seen how good it is but I thought it was worth the $27 for a 375ml to give it a shot.

WP_20170625_023.jpg

This is the first time I've run across it too. But from what I've read it's a release of their own distillate. This one is Recipe #2. It's and only aged 3 years, so it remains to be seen how good it is but I thought it was worth the $27 for a 375ml to give it a shot.

WP_20170625_023.thumb.jpg.9dc09c89d6de4ebbb0245085ca1e2b7f.jpg

Saw this and also very curious, please let us know what you think.

11 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

WP_20170625_023.jpg

Looks interesting.

20 hours ago, Kness said:

Picked those babies up in Elizabeth, NJ on my way to Atlantic City. Originally got two KCs, but one didn't survive the trip. 

El.jpg

Bayway?

Got a tip and was able to get a Blantons for retail price.  I've looked across 3 states for this one.  Check one off this summer's bucket list.  

42 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Results of a recent shopping trip.

image.jpeg

Edited by kemosabe
oops - Nice Score

image.thumb.jpeg.21a5508a998d8b91e38e929e10873c24.jpeg

You made up for lost time while being stuck on a tropical beach.

10 hours ago, DeepCover said:

image.jpeg

That looks like a well balanced diet there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.