What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a few bottles on sale...WTKS PS, RRSB PS and another 4RSB PS OESF from one of my favorite lIquor stores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

Picked these up.  I was excited to see the blantons just sitting there on the shelf!

1 hour ago, Bourbinvestor said:

I had a nice Buffalo Trace find yesterday.  After passing on a Hancock's President's Reserve for $80 I saw it later for $48 and couldn't pass again.  Sitting next to it was an RHF for about the same price. I didn't have either one of those so I picked up both!

Hmmm...seems like Texas is the place to be right now!  Some nice pickups!

Picked up a 3-pack of a BT Store Pick today - Look forward to giving it a try sometime soon - like tonight maybe.

Guy from work didn't want to stop by a liquor store on the way back from lunch, but I was driving...  CEHTSiB ER10 and Baby Saz for the effort.  He got a Baby Saz as well, so the excursion was retroactively approved.

2 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Hmmm...seems like Texas is the place to be right now!  Some nice pickups!

Yeah I've been lucky lately.  I found a couple of Rebel Yell 10 yr SB today too.  I am done searching for a while.  I have a lot of drinking to do now!

Bought a few more for the bunker. I think I have 4 more in the cabinet. Good, affordable daily sipper. Huzzah.unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.866d2ce011b3768d850df425ac218af4.jpg

• I like it 1

Bought a few more for the bunker. I think I have 4 more in the cabinet. Good, affordable daily sipper. Huzzah.unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.866d2ce011b3768d850df425ac218af4.jpg

Very nice was drinking some of this the night before 1L probably mid 2000s bottling. You appear to have the same. I should probably get another.

Bought a WT Decades(not easy to find here in Europe) and got a ETL from a trade with a friend. 

32ED5DB9-5C65-4BD6-8700-7596C354C0A5.jpeg

Edited by Masset1982

8 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Nice Find!

10 minutes ago, OldDrinker1978 said:

Stocking up on EC12. These are still widely available here in Germany!

IMG_0895.JPG

Very Nice!

My favorite local LS proprietor texted me yesterday letting me know he had gotten a couple cases of WSR and a case of Blanton's. I dropped by after work and picked up a couple bottles of WSR. I still have a few bottles of Blanton's bunkered so I passed on that but I did grab another fifth of OF100 since I'm into the final half of my last bottle.

Either I'm blindly enamored by the recent bottle/label changes on these offerings and unjustifiabley applying that to what's in the bottle, or B&F and BT have stepped it up and filled these newer bottlings with better juice to my taste... Regardless, both of these are always open on my bar and alternate as my choice for a daily pour.

Bought a WT Decades(not easy to find here in Europe) and got a ETL from a trade with a friend. 

32ED5DB9-5C65-4BD6-8700-7596C354C0A5.thumb.jpeg.74a91368cbdf4f253630ad991173e9b7.jpeg

Let us know what you think. Place has this for less than $100+ tax and will likely pick up if I don't score any of the specialty bottles this fall. Wondering if it's better or comparable to WT8 and WT12.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Let us know what you think. Place has this for less than $100+ tax and will likely pick up if I don't score any of the specialty bottles this fall. Wondering if it's better or comparable to WT8 and WT12.

I've tried it before through a sample, it is very good, at that price, i'd say go for it before it's gone. When i tasted the sample, i did a sbs with the 12yo version which was the winner, but it's hard to beat that one, all i can say is that I've enjoyed both equally, the Decades still feel younger compared the 12yo, a little hotter too, but it's quality stuff right here, maybe not worth the price i've paid for it (€150), but as WT products fanboy, i had to get one of those, i'm gald i did.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

32ED5DB9-5C65-4BD6-8700-7596C354C0A5.jpeg

Nice!  

I had a rough week:

3x SAOS single barrel 119 proof

1x SAOS single barrel 104 proof
1x SAOS ten (low rye 100 proof)
3x Willet Family Estate 3yr

1x Stag JR

1x SAOS 7

1x 4rSB 100 proof store pick

Edited by paradoxical3

12 hours ago, paradoxical3 said:

I had a rough week:

3x SAOS single barrel 119 proof

1x SAOS single barrel 104 proof
1x SAOS ten (low rye 100 proof)
3x Willet Family Estate 3yr

1x Stag JR

1x SAOS 7

1x 4rSB 100 proof store pick

Nice to see that there is still some SAOS SB out there somewhere, it up and vanished from NYC/NJ a few months back, wish I would have ordered more TWCP bottles when they were still available and cheap.

23 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I like my bottle quite a bit, I also like the WT MK17 which others were not as into, but Decades to me is a better pour. 

I like my bottle quite a bit, I also like the WT MK17 which others were not as into, but Decades to me is a better pour. 

I'll likely be picking one up. The RRSiB picks might be my favorite pour right now, hopefully this is even better.

Been looking for the I.W. Harper 15 for about 6 months now and finally found a bottle.  Friend whose palate I trust, highly recommended it, so I will try it out at some point this weekend .

IMG_6625.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.