What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

brag about all the bourbon goodies you've picked up here.

for me, I stopped by a Liquor Barn and they had a store select ECNAS, so decided to pick it up and try it.  and it's a pretty solid pick, might go back to get a couple more bottles.

Got a text from a friend of mine that one of the stores in town had some ETL.  I immediately made up an excuse to get out of the office and breaking all kinds of traffic rules rushed to the store.  The owner told me he had gotten exactly one bottle.  I'm thinking well this was another wild goose chase.  He also told me that he had a few bottles of a PS of KC Single Barrel that they had picked that were 13 y.o.  Well you know me, I can't pass up a 13 y.o. bottle of KC so  I brought home

ETL_zpsyysu7dfp.jpeg

I am one happy camper.

10 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Got a text from a friend of mine that one of the stores in town had some ETL.  I immediately made up an excuse to get out of the office and breaking all kinds of traffic rules rushed to the store.  The owner told me he had gotten exactly one bottle.  I'm thinking well this was another wild goose chase.  He also told me that he had a few bottles of a PS of KC Single Barrel that they had picked that were 13 y.o.  Well you know me, I can't pass up a 13 y.o. bottle of KC so  I brought home

I am one happy camper.

That post alone could be in the thread about "are we near the end of the boom" or whatever it is. One bottle of ETL, making excuses to leave work, reckless driving - I'd say not anywhere near the top...  Not that I haven't been guilty of all of these as well. ;) 

Picked up a few staples and a nice treat - 4RYL, Larceny, EWB, and a KC Single Barrel Reserve store pick. Good times. Have a good weekend.

Picked up a couple of nice bottles this afternoon to begin enjoying this weekend.  Cheers!

KCSB and Bakers.jpg

This is all I got during our afternoon travels all over SW Florida. Probably hit 12 liquor stores. Passed on everything else even though there were some deals to be had. The stores that had any BT products had a good selection. CEHT, ER10, SJR, ETL, etc. The other stores pretty much had Jack and Jim. Best deals were ER10 for $25, ETL for $44, SJr dor $45, and a Rhetoric 20 for $95. Lots of Masters Keep around.  One store had Baby Saz  for $70?!?! Some WSR to be had but none of his big brothers. One store had a bottle each of ORVW and VWFR12. I said...ok..I'll bite. How much?  $400 and $500.

The 1L of HH80 was $9.99. Probably rotgut but he will look good with his older brothers if I can get it home.

20170623_174527-756x1008.jpg

Like the new thread title.

Was a good day and local TW came through. Was picking up a bottle of Founders Doom bourbon barrel aged IPA mentioned in the beer thread.

Came across four of these on the shelf at $45 each.

Left two on the shelf.

47799cdd9b08abb20f5f604aa1e6ff3f.jpg

P.S. I don't understand TW this is a limited release that they put on the shelf, yet they kept up front to limit purchases some interesting choices. Will post in liquor store huh moments.

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I am one happy camper.

Well, congratulations!  You got your long sought white whale [ETL].  Now I don't have to worry about you.  lol.     MH

Local store bought a barrel of WSR, selling it for $19.99 each, limit 2.  I had tried their samples, they picked the least spicy / most traditional wheater of the samples.  Easy decision to get 2 bottles.  

20170623_165911.jpg

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

The 1L of HH80 was $9.99. Probably rotgut but he will look good with his older brothers if I can get it home.

It might not knock your socks off, but it won't be rotgut. Worst case scenario, you'll use it to tame some rough, higher proof bourbons

Picked me up a Old Forester signature I find it to be a really solid pour. Passed on the Bulleit bourbon barrel strength.  Not the biggest fan of the regular Bulleit so I'll wait till I hear what you guys have to say. 

Local store had Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Store select, 2 bottles for $50.  Latched on to that!

Date 4-14-16.  barrel no. 066, Warehouse G, rick no. 4,  101 proof.  Not sure that any of that means much, but for what it is worth!

52 minutes ago, kwshannon said:

Local store bought a barrel of WSR, selling it for $19.99 each, limit 2.  I had tried their samples, they picked the least spicy / most traditional wheater of the samples.  Easy decision to get 2 bottles.  

20170623_165911.jpg

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of the regular WSR (it's not bad but not great either) but I would love to get my hands on a good store select. Do you have the ability to find out the age of the barrel, I often wonder if they pick barrels that just reached maturity or can you pick a 5, 6 or 7 year old perhaps?

Found this on a shelf when out and about, was surprised to see it, and never tasted it so I figured it was worth a shot. I've read good and bad about it although the four grain seems to be getting worse reviews this year.

Seasoned wood.JPG

Found this on a shelf when out and about, was surprised to see it, and never tasted it so I figured it was worth a shot. I've read good and bad about it although the four grain seems to be getting worse reviews this year.
594dbae1d3d22_Seasonedwood.thumb.JPG.da3a525d548457b3a3a5b38ed5c057c2.JPG

Good find. I wonder if that was hanging out on the shelf for a while or if they just put it out.

I bought a bottle of ECBP batch B517. I just can't pass up ECBP if I find it.

I visited a local Bourbon Hole today and came home with a Blanton's Store Select, Eagle Rare Store Select and a KCSB Store Select.  

34 minutes ago, TheEgg said:

Local store had Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Store select, 2 bottles for $50.  Latched on to that!

Date 4-14-16.  barrel no. 066, Warehouse G, rick no. 4,  101 proof.  Not sure that any of that means much, but for what it is worth!

$25 a bottle is crazy!  I am with you.  While I would like to say I would have loaded up the truck, I probably would have bought 2 bottles.  We have to show some restraint! :lol:  I know that many prefer Rare Breed, especially based on price and proof, but I have had some stellar WTKS SB.  I have heard from people in the know that certain rickhouses produce better barrels than others, but I am certain that is not an absolute.  Enjoy these bottles, I know I would!

1 hour ago, kwshannon said:

20170623_165911.jpg

Ha!  I know where you were!

IMG_8640.JPG

35 minutes ago, Theiano said:

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of the regular WSR (it's not bad but not great either) but I would love to get my hands on a good store select. Do you have the ability to find out the age of the barrel, I often wonder if they pick barrels that just reached maturity or can you pick a 5, 6 or 7 year old perhaps?

I am not a fan of WSR either but I am curious as to what folks think of the current batches? A friend grabbed one at Liquor Barn last weekend and asked if I would like it.

Edited by mbroo5880i

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Was picking up a bottle of Founders Doom bourbon barrel aged IPA mentioned in the beer thread.

I got a four pack of that the other day. I'm not a big IPA fan in general but this stuff is very good.  I'm a fan of most things Founders. The barrel aging tamed the hop bitterness and also hid the 12.5% alcohol. Sorry..guess this should go in the beer thread.

Exactly how I feel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.