What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

You made up for lost time while being stuck on a tropical beach.

I most certainly did, fortunately. I wasn't sure what I'd come back to, but a couple of nice LS owners came through for me.

Since it's been discussed earlier in this thread and there are members who asked, for those who are interested I shared my initial thoughts on the Smooth Ambler Stillhouse Collection bourbon I picked up in Louisville here:

20 minutes ago, Paddy said:

It's been a good week, so far.

Nice haul Pat!  ^_^

I did some hunting today myself. No Weller 12, but I did find a Stagg Jr at a fair price. Mine is Batch #7, 130.0 proof. Looks like yours might be Batch #8, 129.5 proof. 

Cheers! Joe

2 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Just bought this one and will be my first time trying it out.

IMG_5867.JPG

For you yungins out there, that's an actual corded phone back there.  That cord would actually stretch out to over 2x it's original length!!!!  This gave people in the olden days the ability to move about and do other things in the immediate area while they spoke with their travel agent.  Strange, but true....

;)

54 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

For you yungins out there, that's an actual corded phone back there.  That cord would actually stretch out to over 2x it's original length!!!!  This gave people in the olden days the ability to move about and do other things in the immediate area while they spoke with their travel agent.  Strange, but true....

;)

I always thought it was a tether so moms.could pull it back after chucking at their mouthy kids.  I grew up with the yellow one that had a nice heavy metal base.

1 hour ago, garbanzobean said:

I always thought it was a tether so moms.could pull it back after chucking at their mouthy kids.  I grew up with the yellow one that had a nice heavy metal base.

My mother hit me in the head with one while she was one the phone because I wouldn't leave her alone. I love that woman. :)

I saw Four Roses released a 16 year OBSK today. Did anyone happen to attend the bottling line opening event and grab a bottle?

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

;)

Glad we have it in the cabin, because cell service in the Smokies is hit and miss up here in this area where we are staying this week.

[emoji6]

Yungins?!?

You kidding me, that's a pretty recent vintage. Needs a dial to be considered old. Them were real phones!

From a middle aged yungin who grew up with a dial phone......good memories.....

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought my first bottle of Barterhouse today for $95. I saw two more at another store for $100, but passed on them since I hadn't tried it before. I had a small pour this evening, and I'll say that it is unique, and not as oaky as I thought it would be, but also somewhat thin at 90 proof. I like it, and don't regret the purchase, but struggling to decide whether or not I should go back to the other store and get another...just not sure it's worth $100. 

Grabbed yet another bottle of ECBP Batch B517 as this stuff is just killer. I am trying very hard to not open another bottle of it out of fear that it will be gone in 2 weeks like the first bottle was.

3 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

I saw Four Roses released a 16 year OBSK today. Did anyone happen to attend the bottling line opening event and grab a bottle?

My understanding is that it wasn't "released". It was only available for tasting for those in attendance.

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

;)

I'm so old, I remember a corded phone with an actual rotary dial. That there wall hung unit is new tech.

7 hours ago, flahute said:

I'm so old, I remember a corded phone with an actual rotary dial. That there wall hung unit is new tech.

Baby steps.  Just trying to bring them around slowly...  :D  

9 hours ago, elmossle said:

Grabbed yet another bottle of ECBP Batch B517 as this stuff is just killer. I am trying very hard to not open another bottle of it out of fear that it will be gone in 2 weeks like the first bottle was.

Wow... I haven't even seen ONE yet...

I haven't seen B517 yet either. I picked up another KC120 store pick today. I got a bottle from this barrel a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I also found a WSR hidden away in my trunk that I guess I forgot about. Does that count? 

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I also found a WSR hidden away in my trunk that I guess I forgot about. Does that count? 

Of course, it counts!  When you do that though, you say you "Harry-ed" a bottle...:D

I picked up two bottles of the latest Stagg Jr (129.5) after visiting one of my semi regular stops to check inventory.  They had 5 bottles on the shelf at $51.99 each.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I haven't seen B517 yet either. I picked up another KC120 store pick today. I got a bottle from this barrel a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I also found a WSR hidden away in my trunk that I guess I forgot about. Does that count? 

If you haven't tried barrel 3709 from Wine and Cheese, it's worth a small investment. They are a little bit higher with the store pick than TW. I got one of those as well, but gifted that one and haven't had a chance to try it as of yet.

46 minutes ago, LongGone said:

If you haven't tried barrel 3709 from Wine and Cheese, it's worth a small investment. They are a little bit higher with the store pick than TW. I got one of those as well, but gifted that one and haven't had a chance to try it as of yet.

The one I got was barrel 4811a from Warehouse L from Randalls. I got on their prerelease wait list and picked one up and then got the 2nd one today. They still have a ton of both of their barrel picks left. They seemed to think they were all going to be sold in the prerelease...or it was marketing. They are $39.99 there but I got 10% off today. 

A case of ETL landed at one or our local stores.  I bought 1, my son bought 1 & a friend bought 1.  They now have 1/2 of a case.

Image result for elmer t lee

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.