What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I opened a bottle of CEHT Small Batch BIB. Cheers!

ad03ecdd91cbeee59f46b25b25dea36b.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Purchased and opened this one today.  I like it so far, but don't love it.  Very sweet, with a little bit of that rye spice.

IMG_5908.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first go-round with OWA single barrel....love it.  It's the same profile just richer and more pronounced flavors.

image.thumb.jpg.e8ac640aa7db779f48ccf779c1451bf3.jpg

57 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

This is my first go-round with OWA single barrel....love it.  It's the same profile just richer and more pronounced flavors.

image.thumb.jpg.e8ac640aa7db779f48ccf779c1451bf3.jpg

The stuff you find amazes me. I blew up the picture and looked up the store where it came from! Enjoy!

16 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

The stuff you find amazes me. I blew up the picture and looked up the store where it came from! Enjoy!

Haha, I traded store picks with a kind fellow from Oregon.  I've never seen PS Weller in our corn covered state.

There was a store in Indy that had some OWA single barrel picks.  That was a number of years ago...

I was thinking the same thing as mbroo.

Cracked opened a Family sized EC12 with the AS on back.  Mmm-mmm, this is gonna be a whole lotta goodness.

WIN_20170714_224349.JPG

Making meatballs and opening up a bottle of one my favorites, ECBP.

Raining like crazy here good day to do some inside cooking and sip the good stuff.

6f4d90ec153e91366efe82e9a2506a58.jpg

Just got this and thought I'd open it up and see what's under the hood.  Looking forward to comparing it to some of my other Wild Turkeys at some point.

WIN_20170715_232333.JPG

opened up a WTRB and tried a couple of pours. being relatively new to bourbon i did not really know what to expect.

it certainly packs a punch. i enjoyed sipping on it.

IMG_0594.JPG

11 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

opened up a WTRB and tried a couple of pours. being relatively new to bourbon i did not really know what to expect.

it certainly packs a punch. i enjoyed sipping on it.

IMG_0594.JPG

If you're new to bourbon, that's certainly jumping right into the deep end! Enjoy!

I broke into the second-last bottle of Russell's Reserve SmB SB that we (GBS) picked a couple years back with Eddie Russell. 

Man I'd almost forgotten what a luscious pour pour this is.   Well, not really.   I just was delaying the inevitable for awhile, hoping the couple remaining bottles would somehow multiply.    They haven't; but, I just couldn't wait any longer.

This is among the best Turkey offerings I've ever had, and I will miss 'em when all are gone.     Lotsa sweet caramel, with enough oak to balance that sweetness, and a generous hit of nutmeg, and spice in the back.    Wonderful.

I can't believe I poured away almost a third of this bottle since I opened it this afternoon!   My son-in-law had one nice pour, and I can only blame myself for the rest of what's missing.    Ahhhh; but, what a nice afternoon/evening of Bourbon zen!

11 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

I broke into the second-last bottle of Russell's Reserve SmB SB that we (GBS) picked a couple years back with Eddie Russell. 

Man I'd almost forgotten what a luscious pour pour this is.   Well, not really.   I just was delaying the inevitable for awhile, hoping the couple remaining bottles would somehow multiply.    They haven't; but, I just couldn't wait any longer.

This is among the best Turkey offerings I've ever had, and I will miss 'em when all are gone.     Lotsa sweet caramel, with enough oak to balance that sweetness, and a generous hit of nutmeg, and spice in the back.    Wonderful.

I can't believe I poured away almost a third of this bottle since I opened it this afternoon!   My son-in-law had one nice pour, and I can only blame myself for the rest of what's missing.    Ahhhh; but, what a nice afternoon/evening of Bourbon zen!

Sometimes bottles just seem to pour themselves.  I hate when that happens but at the same time I enjoy it! :lol:

Opened a store select ER10.  The initial pour is pointing toward this being a stellar pick.  

On July 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM, HoustonNit said:

Making meatballs and opening up a bottle of one my favorites, ECBP.

Raining like crazy here good day to do some inside cooking and sip the good stuff.

6f4d90ec153e91366efe82e9a2506a58.jpg

A117 was a great batch. 

10 hours ago, DaytonDawg said:

First bottle of RR SiB hope it's good 

IMG_2424.JPG

I just want to know where "Big Red Liquors Leather and Lace" is located.  I think I need to go and check out their "Store Pick" selections!   :D

44 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

I just want to know where "Big Red Liquors Leather and Lace" is located.  I think I need to go and check out their "Store Pick" selections!   :D

:lol:I was thinking that was an unusual combo myself.  Talk about your one stop shop for a romantic night with the Mrs.

On 28/06/2017 at 3:57 AM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Today I opened a bottle of CEHT Small Batch BIB. Cheers!

ad03ecdd91cbeee59f46b25b25dea36b.jpg

How do you like it so far ? Nice glass by the way ;-) Did you have a taste of their single barrel ? 

How do you like it so far ? Nice glass by the way ;-) Did you have a taste of their single barrel ? 

It is tasty for the price. I have had the single barrel, but I couldn't taste much difference.

Just now, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

It is tasty for the price. I have had the single barrel, but I couldn't taste much difference.

I've tasted both, found the SmB a little sweeter than the SiB, where i'm from, both are in same price range (overpiced) €90-100, but if i was living in the US, i'd be happy to buy the smb rather than the SiB.

Opening a store select SB of 1792FP this evening.  If I like it as much as I did at the store when I picked it I'll have the Mrs pick up some more since she's over that way this weekend on a girls weekend.

Prior to opening the 1792FP referenced above and being inspired by talk on another topic I decided to open a new bottling of WSR as well as an older one.  The new was picked up this year and older one can't be more than a couple of years old.  I looked for a laser code but didn't find anything.  

Other's have said they felt the new bottling might be superior to the old and that's why I opened these.  After pouring an ounce of each and sampling (not blind) I can discern very little difference, the newer bottling seems to have a bit more oak on the back of the palate but it's minor.  That could indicate a bit more age or just a difference in placement in the rackhouse or the barrel itself.  

The last bottle of WSR I had open was vatted with OWA to bring the proof up a bit closer to 100 which was very enjoyable to my palate.  That got me to thinking wouldn't a Weller BIB be great?  Maybe 8 yrs old and at that 100 proof point?  BT are you listening????

2 hours ago, Hop said:

Prior to opening the 1792FP referenced above and being inspired by talk on another topic I decided to open a new bottling of WSR as well as an older one.  The new was picked up this year and older one can't be more than a couple of years old.  I looked for a laser code but didn't find anything.  

Other's have said they felt the new bottling might be superior to the old and that's why I opened these.  After pouring an ounce of each and sampling (not blind) I can discern very little difference, the newer bottling seems to have a bit more oak on the back of the palate but it's minor.  That could indicate a bit more age or just a difference in placement in the rackhouse or the barrel itself.  

The last bottle of WSR I had open was vatted with OWA to bring the proof up a bit closer to 100 which was very enjoyable to my palate.  That got me to thinking wouldn't a Weller BIB be great?  Maybe 8 yrs old and at that 100 proof point?  BT are you listening????

They used to have almost just that. It was called Weller Centennial and that bourbon is what the SB blend was created to replicate. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.