What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mass you have great taste,

I just acquired and intend to open soon a 59.8% 10yr from Sara. Curious for the True Spirits pick what's the proof and age?

Took me a few days because of some work stuff that popped up this weekend, but I finally got the chance to open up a special bottle to celebrate the WS win!

D8B52633-.jpg

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't know why I posted the poll. I couldn't wait that long. Ha

This is like a really good ECBP with a longer finish. It's got a lot of oak for an 11 year.

20171103_205753-1209x1612.jpg

Good Choice!

I think its a really good representation of some of heaven hill's finest.

Going to be an Eagle Rare Autumn, as today I opened up three different bottlings of ER10.  Parallel tasting of: One bottle purchased in MD, one handle purchased in CT, and one private selection that is easily the best ER10 I've ever tasted.   

Putting in some last minute good will with the buffalo trace bourbon goddess in hopes of a successful 2017 BTAC season. 

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Good Choice!

Yeah..really enjoyed it. The wife thought it was too woody. She likes other woody bourbons but I think she likes with more overt sweetness. Think Stagg, Jr...her favorite.

On 11/4/2017 at 9:17 PM, 0895 said:

Good Choice!

And great price!! Michigan State Minimum is $129.99 

Popped open a GTS. First pour, bringing a smile to me while sipping this.

Cheers,
Hugh

8c9ec0e0e38cfcd8e2e3ce1df930bc7e.jpg

Damn need any help finishing off some of those bottles? Let me help you make counter space.

Damn need any help finishing off some of those bottles? Let me help you make counter space.

I was in Austin for a couple of years and would have been happy to share. :)

Just relocated again earlier this year.

I was in Austin for a couple of years and would have been happy to share. [emoji4]

Just relocated again earlier this year.

Just my luck, the POH, Pappy and 4R LE are just waiting for some assistance to finish them.

12 hours ago, tigerlam92 said:

Cheers,
Hugh

Glad you are enjoying it Hugh and you have some great ones to follow it up with.  Is that this year's GTS?

Glad you are enjoying it Hugh and you have some great ones to follow it up with.  Is that this year's GTS?

I believe this one is last year's. I just grab one from the bunker.

Cheers,
Hugh

47 minutes ago, tigerlam92 said:

I believe this one is last year's. I just grab one from the bunker.

Cheers,
Hugh

Must be nice. :D

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, tigerlam92 said:

Cheers,
Hugh

This one is a real beast, the 2016 indeed, enjoy! 

Cheers

Will. 

15 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Just my luck, the POH, Pappy and 4R LE are just waiting for some assistance to finish them.

That batch of Four Roses is quite enjoyable too, i have one '14 opened at the moment, I'm reaching for it quite often. Waiting for new batch to be deliver, i'm excited to try it.

Will.

Promised a couple of managers at my LS a pour of this when it was opened. Since they took care of me on a previous purchase I thought I would open the bottle for a celebration and a thank you combined.

E8C46F7D-404B-4CFE-8F8C-1A01B31D208E.jpeg

• I like it 2

Okay, no spitballs please, but for a change of pace I opened a bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve that I bought a few years ago. It is really gently flavorful. Highly recommended. 

4 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Promised a couple of managers at my LS a pour of this when it was opened. Since they took care of me on a previous purchase I thought I would open the bottle for a celebration and a thank you combined.

E8C46F7D-404B-4CFE-8F8C-1A01B31D208E.jpeg

Excellent. One of my favorites along with Gold. I first tried it at a bar in the UK and ended up tracking down a bottle in London. I would like to grab a few more. Cheers!

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Okay, no spitballs please, but for a change of pace I opened a bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve that I bought a few years ago. It is really gently flavorful. Highly recommended. 

Ok, no spitballs, however........ :D

• I like it 2

Sorry about that Patrick. Bourbon, senility and the word "spitball" apparently brought out old Monty Python memories. Yeah, confuses me as well :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.