OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel

What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

LCWoody   
LCWoody

This 4R.  I heard it was good, and they be right. 

IMG_2184.thumb.JPG.8a27d5cba6b2c4615fc92e5ea8b5e3a7.JPG

Jazz Nut   
Jazz Nut
On 10/6/2017 at 8:00 AM, BigPapa said:

What was the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, it was a premium over an already high price.  I am thinking $159.99.  It is good bourbon, but not markedly better than the top store selections of KCSB.  For example Ace Spirits just got in a 14+ year old KCSB that is very good (already sold out sadly), and 1/3 the price.  They will be getting in an 11 year, and 13 year barrel soon as well.

fishnbowljoe   
fishnbowljoe

I've been busy lately. ;) I sent a few to the recycle bin the last two weeks, so there was some room on my open shelf. I had my Weller's, Weller Blends and a RHF, open. I decided to open some private selections I had to keep them company. I'm thinking these will keep me busy for a while. ^_^ 

Cheers! Joe

open.jpeg

Masset1982   
Masset1982

0160169C-6157-4295-9D7D-DA6A1170645F.thumb.jpeg.6458e29b829d465e0664714315f11e7f.jpegCheers! 

Will.

The Black Tot   
The Black Tot
On 9/10/2017 at 3:24 PM, Mako254 said:

I like mash bill 2 stuff, how does this rate w/ blanton and elmer?

When I drink HPR, I get a pear note. HPR is the only bourbon I get that with, and I love it. That jives with NDN98's "Fruity and vanilla" observations.

Vosgar   
Vosgar
1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

When I drink HPR, I get a pear note. HPR is the only bourbon I get that with, and I love it. That jives with NDN98's "Fruity and vanilla" observations.

Maybe it's the power of suggestion Paul, but I just opened an AAA 10yr and get a slight hint of pear with it as well, mainly on the nose. For me it's a solid, easy drinking bourbon. I enjoy this #2 BT mashbill and am glad I've still got a few stashed away. 

The Black Tot   
The Black Tot
1 minute ago, Vosgar said:

Maybe it's the power of suggestion Paul, but I just opened an AAA 10yr and get a slight hint of pear with it as well, mainly on the nose. For me it's a solid, easy drinking bourbon. I enjoy this #2 BT mashbill and am glad I've still got a few stashed away. 

Yes, Gary. I should have mentioned that it was the only currently available bourbon I get that with, since I also get that in AA10yr!

Maybe that's where the AA10yr went when the brand went the way of the dodo...