Best Value Everyday Bourbon

cdcdguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I think my favorite affordable pour right now is PS bottles of Buffalo Trace. Each one is different in a good way, 9 year old good bourbon under $25.

WT101 easy to find also under $25.

ER and RR10 if you can find them under $30.

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT.  Everyone talks about how good the PS selections are but none of the stores around me ever have a PS.  Oh well, I've got enough to keep me busy for a while so I guess I'll just wait until someone does a PS.

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT.  Everyone talks about how good the PS selections are but none of the stores around me ever have a PS.  Oh well, I've got enough to keep me busy for a while so I guess I'll just wait until someone does a PS.

Go ahead and take the plunge Kevin. Regular BT is just fine IMHO. I've had a number of bottles over the last couple of years, and they've all been good. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna open one as soon as I finish one of my open bottles. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT

My top 2 faves along with Blantons. Stop waiting for a PS and take the plunge for the regular, off the shelf bottles.

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Go ahead and take the plunge Kevin. Regular BT is just fine IMHO. I've had a number of bottles over the last couple of years, and they've all been good. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna open one as soon as I finish one of my open bottles. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

17 minutes ago, DCFan said:

My top 2 faves along with Blantons. Stop waiting for a PS and take the plunge for the regular, off the shelf bottles.

OK, OK, you've twisted my arm enough.  I'll hit the store tomorrow and pick up a bottle.  Is it OK if I tell my wife that you guys made me do it?:D

59 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

OK, OK, you've twisted my arm enough.  I'll hit the store tomorrow and pick up a bottle.  Is it OK if I tell my wife that you guys made me do it?:D

You can blame it all on me Kevin. I take full responsibility as long as you don't get in and accident on the way to or from the liquor store. :huh:

FWIW, there wasn't as much in my open bottle of Stagg Jr as I thought there was. Just one very small pour. She gone. Yes, as promised, I opened a bottle of BT:D Put that in you Funk And Wagnall. ;) I will say that you did make it tough on me though. I also have a ps BT that I know is very good, and have been wanting to open. As per the "Sourced" thread, I opted for honesty and transparency. :lol: A regular BT is opened and in the glass now.

Cheers! Joe

I'll get that bottle of BT tomorrow and open it tomorrow night.  I'll let you know my thoughts.

14 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I'll get that bottle of BT tomorrow and open it tomorrow night.  I'll let you know my thoughts.

It's all good Kevin. Just giving you a good natured hard time. Looking forwrd to your thoughts though.

Cheers Joe

56 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

29 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It's all good Kevin. Just giving you a good natured hard time. Looking forwrd to your thoughts though.

Cheers Joe

Joe is right to encourage this purchase though. I've never had a BT PS that was really much different from the regular stuff. No reason to wait on a single barrel version.

Regular old BT is what started me on this path of bourbon geekdom.

I really think the PS are fun and really enjoy the differences in picks but regular bottles are great.

Old Forester and regular BT are my "everyday" bourbons with Eagle Rare just a notch above. My Costco almost always has the 1 liter BT and Eagle Rare or CEHT. All good stuff that wont break the bank.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2017 at 10:29 AM, The Black Tot said:

Can't be sure I'll be around to hit send on this post!

But if you don't force yourself upon the worst ones, they pile up and occupy an ever-increasing shelf presence, which then gets in the way of buying the great ones.

The strategy is working. The herd is getting stronger and faster. My worst ones now are only "boring" and soon they'll be "decent."

I will be using this strategy soon.

I will post one I don't think is on this list yet.  Virgin Bourbon 7 Year 101, it is only about 15 bucks but is only available in certain states.  In my opinion it is better than Old Ezra 7 Year 101.

Regular BT is perfectly fine bourbon. It's tough to beat for consistency in the mid $20s. A few years ago I would have gone with EC12 in a heartbeat but lean more toward BT these days. As for BT PS, some are excellent while others aren't noticably different than the regular bottles. I've yet to have one that I thought was worse though.

ETBIB, EWBIB, & OGD114

Couldn’t narrow it down to a fave, but the Early Times for under $25 a liter might be the best pound for pound pour out there.  

• I like it 2

I'd love to try BT but in the short time that I've known of its existence (I'm new to the game) I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  I'm outside Philadelphia. 

On 2/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, Mako254 said:

C538F8FE-95C1-492B-9962-1C5308AFEB08.png

That stuff is so good, they even included a picture of Flo drinking it out of her coffee cup!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Anvil 20 said:

I'd love to try BT but in the short time that I've known of its existence (I'm new to the game) I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  I'm outside Philadelphia. 

Assuming your in PA, you should likely have an easier time finding it if you cross the river into NJ.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.