cdcdguy

Best Value Everyday Bourbon

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon
3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I think my favorite affordable pour right now is PS bottles of Buffalo Trace. Each one is different in a good way, 9 year old good bourbon under $25.

WT101 easy to find also under $25.

ER and RR10 if you can find them under $30.

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT.  Everyone talks about how good the PS selections are but none of the stores around me ever have a PS.  Oh well, I've got enough to keep me busy for a while so I guess I'll just wait until someone does a PS.

fishnbowljoe   
fishnbowljoe
2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT.  Everyone talks about how good the PS selections are but none of the stores around me ever have a PS.  Oh well, I've got enough to keep me busy for a while so I guess I'll just wait until someone does a PS.

Go ahead and take the plunge Kevin. Regular BT is just fine IMHO. I've had a number of bottles over the last couple of years, and they've all been good. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna open one as soon as I finish one of my open bottles. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

DCFan   
DCFan
3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I am a big fan of BT products but have yet to purchase a bottle of regular BT

My top 2 faves along with Blantons. Stop waiting for a PS and take the plunge for the regular, off the shelf bottles.

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon
1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Go ahead and take the plunge Kevin. Regular BT is just fine IMHO. I've had a number of bottles over the last couple of years, and they've all been good. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna open one as soon as I finish one of my open bottles. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

17 minutes ago, DCFan said:

My top 2 faves along with Blantons. Stop waiting for a PS and take the plunge for the regular, off the shelf bottles.

OK, OK, you've twisted my arm enough.  I'll hit the store tomorrow and pick up a bottle.  Is it OK if I tell my wife that you guys made me do it?:D

fishnbowljoe   
fishnbowljoe
59 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

OK, OK, you've twisted my arm enough.  I'll hit the store tomorrow and pick up a bottle.  Is it OK if I tell my wife that you guys made me do it?:D

You can blame it all on me Kevin. I take full responsibility as long as you don't get in and accident on the way to or from the liquor store. :huh:

FWIW, there wasn't as much in my open bottle of Stagg Jr as I thought there was. Just one very small pour. She gone. Yes, as promised, I opened a bottle of BT:D Put that in you Funk And Wagnall. ;) I will say that you did make it tough on me though. I also have a ps BT that I know is very good, and have been wanting to open. As per the "Sourced" thread, I opted for honesty and transparency. :lol: A regular BT is opened and in the glass now.

Cheers! Joe

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon

I'll get that bottle of BT tomorrow and open it tomorrow night.  I'll let you know my thoughts.

NDN98   
NDN98

Eagle Rare is my favorite every day value bourbon, but Henry McKenna 10 is a close 2nd.

fishnbowljoe   
fishnbowljoe
14 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I'll get that bottle of BT tomorrow and open it tomorrow night.  I'll let you know my thoughts.

It's all good Kevin. Just giving you a good natured hard time. Looking forwrd to your thoughts though.

Cheers Joe

flahute   
flahute
56 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

29 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It's all good Kevin. Just giving you a good natured hard time. Looking forwrd to your thoughts though.

Cheers Joe

Joe is right to encourage this purchase though. I've never had a BT PS that was really much different from the regular stuff. No reason to wait on a single barrel version.

HoustonNit   
HoustonNit

Regular old BT is what started me on this path of bourbon geekdom.

I really think the PS are fun and really enjoy the differences in picks but regular bottles are great.

mophipsi   
mophipsi

Old Forester and regular BT are my "everyday" bourbons with Eagle Rare just a notch above. My Costco almost always has the 1 liter BT and Eagle Rare or CEHT. All good stuff that wont break the bank.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk